• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge accepted. ^

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
      Challenge accepted. ^
      for lowest hp? mines not a stock anymore. if my racecar is done, i could try to bring that as well. that probably wont make 100whp either
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I have no problem with any shinanegans being called, my numbers are from those wiser than I, who I will fully admit are numerous. When next I'm in the Rose City I'll see about that dyno run, I'm genuinely curious, myself.
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

this is a good deal only if I knew the off set id snatch them up for autocross this summer
          Transaction Feedback: -click here
          [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
          [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

So, I acquired a G265 today for my M30 car. It came from an '81 635 with the sheet metal shift console. I would like to upgrade it to the aluminum shift console.

Looking around, it appears that since the E30 M3 came with the G265, you can do such a thing and convert the trans to the aluminum shift console. Anyone have any experience with this?
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              So, I acquired a G265 today for my M30 car. It came from an '81 635 with the sheet metal shift console. I would like to upgrade it to the aluminum shift console.

Looking around, it appears that since the E30 M3 came with the G265, you can do such a thing and convert the trans to the aluminum shift console. Anyone have any experience with this?
              Just buy the bracket for the E30 M3. It has a part that bolts to the mounts that go to the sheet metal console and the aluminum shift console bolts to that. My 265 from an E30 M3 had that. Might even work for M10 cars to convert to aluminum console.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                Just buy the bracket for the E30 M3. It has a part that bolts to the mounts that go to the sheet metal console and the aluminum shift console bolts to that. My 265 from an E30 M3 had that. Might even work for M10 cars to convert to aluminum console.
                25-11-2-225-369 Bow bracket for Getrag 265 (M3) to shifting arm
                25 11 2 225 344, Bearing Bolt (called 'Pin') (M3), 8.62
                31 33 1 092 887, self locking nut for 'Pin' (M3), 0.55

Looks like I can buy these and bolt dat shizzzzzz up. Woot! Thanks!

Comment

Is there any reason you really want to use the aluminum console. It's easier to service, but it's really an upgrade (structurally at least) over the sheet metal one. The sheet metal console is actually stronger.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                    Is there any reason you really want to use the aluminum console. It's easier to service, but it's really an upgrade (structurally at least) over the sheet metal one. The sheet metal console is actually stronger.
                    I've actually snapped an aluminum shifter console once. That sheet metal one looks beefy as hell, but I've heard that you can't use late model shifters with the sheet metal console (or am I wrong?) I really know nothing about the sheet metal console.

Comment

I've actually snapped an aluminum shifter console once. That sheet metal one looks beefy as hell, but I've heard that you can't use late model shifters with the sheet metal console (or am I wrong?) I really know nothing about the sheet metal console.
                      You can use whatever lever you want. I had a Z4 3.0 in my old M10 car.

It's not as easy to service as the aluminum one, but how often do you do that?
                      Originally posted by Gruelius
                      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                        You can use whatever lever you want. I had a Z4 3.0 in my old M10 car.

It's not as easy to service as the aluminum one, but how often do you do that?
                        Sweet. Looks like I was mis-informed. I hope to not have to service it very often! I'll probably reinforce my selector rod so I don't have to deal with it breaking or whatever. Maybe I will go sheet metal. We'll see.

Comment

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day. Tech day at Griots and then R3V night out.

Comment

Aww yeah.
                            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Have seen 5 e30s here in Victoria so far. one of which was a clean euro spec model

Comment

Very nice!^^ I don't see any when I go there....
                                Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                                X