PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
    I feel like this is going to end poorly for all of those involved. That said, I'm still watching enthusiastically from the sidelines.
    This.
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      My phone is getting blown up as is my friends

I am making a bunch of cheap cheap Ford and Chevy ads today to really get the calls rolling in...

Giving up on the E30 already?

Comment

Your not in Tacoma anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
          anyone local need parts from blunt? im about to order some stuff, but its a fairly small order
          PMed.

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
          FUCK THIEVES!!:hitler::hitler::hitler::hitler:

I'm beyond frustrated right now. I come out to my car this morning to see all my doors open and the trunk is wide open. They stole pretty much everything that wasn't bolted down. They tried stealing my deck but, couldn't get it out. They didn't steal anything of real value. They only thing that's going to be expensive to replace are my sunglasses that were like a 130 bucks. I had the sunroof cracked open that's the only way I could think they got in.

This is the second break in the last week. My landlord's truck got broken into and they stole all the keys to my apartment complex and and all the lease info for the apartments as well. I guess one of my neighbors saw some scrawny cracked out looking guy creeping around knocking on doors and looking through windows. Supposedly there is 3 of them and they ride around on bikes casing houses and cars or whatever they can steal.

It's time for some vigilante shit. I'm going to set some bait tonight. I got an old Schwinn 10-speed I'm going to put out. I'm going to sit on my porch in the dark, with my Mossberg 500 loaded with buckshot.
          Sorry to hear about this, Matt. I hope you catch those little fucks and give them everything they deserve.

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
          I feel like this is going to end poorly for all of those involved. That said, I'm still watching enthusiastically from the sidelines.
          This x2.
          1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
          2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
          1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Am I the only one who has issues with BMW Northwest's parts department? I order some door moulding for my car. Told me it was going to take up 5 days. Honestly 5 days nowadays for a dealership is pretty ridiculous IMO. Shows up last Thursday and it's the wrong part. Call them back at around 3, they tell me they're going to overnight it. Why couldn't they overnight it the first time around? Anywho, they said because of the weekend I'll have it first thing Monday morning. Seems legit, right? Well, it's around 4:30 or so still haven't heard anything. Call them up ask where my part is. The guys put's me on hold for like 5 minutes. He gets back on the phone tries to feed some bullshit about routing crap. It was pretty obvious someone forgot to put the order in. They then tell me I'll have it tomorrow. It's now 4 on Tuesday call them up again and ask them AGAIN where is my part. Oh it'll be here tomorrow. Are you kidding me. I deal with multiple dealerships on a daily basis and I've never had such a PITA experience. Fuck today, I need a drink.

/rant.

Comment

Finally place the order with Blunttech to replace all the hoses and belts on the vert, along with some e90 drop hats to throw on with my M3 springs. I just might have this thing road worthy within the month!

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                Am I the only one who has issues with BMW Northwest's parts department? I order some door moulding for my car. Told me it was going to take up 5 days. Honestly 5 days nowadays for a dealership is pretty ridiculous IMO. Shows up last Thursday and it's the wrong part. Call them back at around 3, they tell me they're going to overnight it. Why couldn't they overnight it the first time around? Anywho, they said because of the weekend I'll have it first thing Monday morning. Seems legit, right? Well, it's around 4:30 or so still haven't heard anything. Call them up ask where my part is. The guys put's me on hold for like 5 minutes. He gets back on the phone tries to feed some bullshit about routing crap. It was pretty obvious someone forgot to put the order in. They then tell me I'll have it tomorrow. It's now 4 on Tuesday call them up again and ask them AGAIN where is my part. Oh it'll be here tomorrow. Are you kidding me. I deal with multiple dealerships on a daily basis and I've never had such a PITA experience. Fuck today, I need a drink.

/rant.
                Buy a Saab and get back to me.

"Oh, you don't have one in stock? oh, it's on backorder? Oh, you don't know when you can get one? Oh, it might be NLA forever? Oh, the company doesn't exist anymore? Ok, thanks."

-Actual conversation on when we could get a coolant hose for my moms '97 900SE.

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                  Buy a Saab and get back to me.

"Oh, you don't have one in stock? oh, it's on backorder? Oh, you don't know when you can get one? Oh, it might be NLA forever? Oh, the company doesn't exist anymore? Ok, thanks."

-Actual conversation on when we could get a coolant hose for my moms '97 900SE.
                  Saab Parts is still in business though, can you not order from them yet?

I went through similar trying to get my motor, there were only two LS3 E-Rod kits for manual trans in the country, MD and CA. MD wanted about 2k more plus 1500 to ship the thing. Backordered with no restock date. Lazy, automatic-driving Americans almost ruined my project.
                  Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                  2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                  2010 Buell XB9SX
                  2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                  1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                  1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                  1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                  2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                  2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

I understand if a part not available, it's not available. It's the fact they were giving me the run around.

Comment

Yeah they're kinda ridiculous about the shipping at BMW Seattle as well.

me: "5 days, is there any way to get it sooner?"
                      them: "Well, we could also overnight it."
                      me: "And that costs how much extra?"
                      them: "None."
                      me: "...then why is there another option?"

for some reason it seemed like he hadn't thought about it until then.

Comment

.... dealerships.... lol
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Stealerships....
                          sigpic

Comment

Anything I need from the dealer, I call O'Hara and get. He gets a pretty fair discount on most things.
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

omg i need more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                                omg i need more sleep.
                                So i'm not the only one who stayed out too late on a tuesday, eh?
                                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                                2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                                2010 Buell XB9SX
                                2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                                1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                                1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                                1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                                2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Working...
                                X