No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my Luke box installed and everything ironed out. I have to say that its top quality work and sounds awesome. If you don't have one, get one lol

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

I wanted to get one for my gray car, but I don't think I can wait until that car is done!
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
        I got my Luke box installed and everything ironed out. I have to say that its top quality work and sounds awesome. If you don't have one, get one lol
        Should be getting one soon for the 318, pretty excited to actually have a stereo in one of my cars

Bahama Beige E23 Project
        Bluebird Bus Conversion
        New Oregon Trail

Comment

Anyone have advice on removing axle nuts that are being stubborn? We've tried an impact gun, PB Blaster, even a propane torch to heat shit up. Ugh.

NVM. Good ol elbow grease just got it loose.

Pics.

Don't let your lock plates get this bad.

clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Mikes iX

clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I'd like one in the E21 and the vert. But, I'm not a fan of having to cutting up the car. I know it's probably the best way to get sound into a vert, I just don't value more bass than my fully unmolested cabrio. If there was another way, I'd be all over it. I'll probably just toss a 10" in the trunk and get what I get out of it.

Comment

The Vert box sounds amazing though.
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I have an old 12" sub in a sealed box in the trunk and it sounds just fine. Id rather not cut into the car either
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                    I have an old 12" sub in a sealed box in the trunk and it sounds just fine. Id rather not cut into the car either
                    No cutting required with the Lukeboxes ;)

EDIT: Except the Verts
                    - Greg
                    α Team Founding Member
                    1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                    2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

I sold mine to pick up my eta, but funny thing is the guy I sold it to (coworker) wants to sell it back!
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Happy Saturday everyone! Going to finish buffing the Zinno car here in a few minutes. Hope you all have a great day and enjoy the weather!
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

^ awesome Austin

Well I have made a logical plan of how my tranny got fucked.

Torque converter sat outside for 5 weeks exposed to mainly bad weather.
                          Then I installed it wrong, which may have destroyed the pump on the transmission. No pump no drive or anything
                          Then I install it right and nothing happens. I add too much fluid and it blows a seal.

I guess you learn the hardway. I a sure as hell am a better mechanic now though :)

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                            ^ awesome Austin

Well I have made a logical plan of how my tranny got fucked.

Torque converter sat outside for 5 weeks exposed to mainly bad weather.
                            Then I installed it wrong, which may have destroyed the pump on the transmission. No pump no drive or anything
                            Then I install it right and nothing happens. I add too much fluid and it blows a seal.

I guess you learn the hardway. I a sure as hell am a better mechanic now though :)
                            Yes if you dork up sliding the torque converter in, it will indeed damage your pump or at very least your seals.

Time for the 5 speed swap

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                              I'd like one in the E21 and the vert. But, I'm not a fan of having to cutting up the car. I know it's probably the best way to get sound into a vert, I just don't value more bass than my fully unmolested cabrio. If there was another way, I'd be all over it. I'll probably just toss a 10" in the trunk and get what I get out of it.
                              I am apprehensive about cutting up my cars as well. At least with my coupe I only had to knock out the ski pass. After I had the back seat in and turned it up it sounded like my seat was gonna fly apart lol. The leather was slapping hard against the foam. I took it back out, removed the hog rings, took the layers apart, and glued them together with 3m spray. Then I took a razor blade and cut out some foam from the back of the seat in the shape of the ski pass. It was just enough to give the air more room to travel. It sounds so good now.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Comment

I am apprehensive about cutting up my cars as well. At least with my coupe I only had to knock out the ski pass. After I had the back seat in and turned it up it sounded like my seat was gonna fly apart lol. The leather was slapping hard against the foam. I took it back out, removed the hog rings, took the layers apart, and glued them together with 3m spray. Then I took a razor blade and cut out some foam from the back of the seat in the shape of the ski pass. It was just enough to give the air more room to travel. It sounds so good now.
                                If I didn't have a vert, Luke would already have some of my money. He does great work. I just refuse to cut into the vert. :eeek:
                                Last edited by Twelvizm; 05-12-2012, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X