No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody here near Snohomish? I want to take off my hood for the car show but need a socket.
    Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
    2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
    2010 Buell XB9SX
    2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
    1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
    1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
    1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
    2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
      I want to try to fix my paint. I did some wet sanding with 2000 grit and then cut and polish. It helped a little. Gonna hit the roof a little more aggressively momday or tuesday. If I fuck it up then I will vinyl wrap the top
      Take your time with the 2000. Go down to 1500 if necessary. Try it in an inconspicuous location first. Be prepared to spend at least two hours on your roof (probably more though.)
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

This is my issue folks, pay attention to Tach, MPG, and Coolant meter, they jump around like the car is turning off/on when my issue arises, and the car rev's and stalls.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
          Who was the guy with the m50 swapped M3 at dicks?

theres was an S50 swapped E30 M3 at Dicks. his name is Bong (or something similar) He also has a E36 318ti with a supercharged S52 in it. Its getting a turbo and the supercharger is going on the M3. cool guy, I think he is on bfc
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
            theres was an S50 swapped E30 M3 at Dicks. his name is Bong (or something similar) He also has a E36 318ti with a supercharged S52 in it. Its getting a turbo and the supercharger is going on the M3. cool guy, I think he is on bfc
            I would love a Ti with that swap. Fuuuuhh...

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

This is my issue folks, pay attention to Tach, MPG, and Coolant meter, they jump around like the car is turning off/on when my issue arises, and the car rev's and stalls.
              Definitely electrical related. Check your grounds, main relay, cps to start. Might be the DME. Maybe someone has one you can swap out.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

could be the dme, where is it located on my car? ill let you know this has only happened twice so far.
                willschnitz

Comment

DME is inside your glove box. Above the upper plastic cover. I had a simmilar issue a while back when i would turn it would cut out like that. Turns out the toaster in my trunk (yes, a toaster) was rolling around and ended up on top of my battery causing it to short. Threw the toaster away and havent had a problem since. I would check all of your grounds and hot wires (the larger ones).

Austin: No matter if i fuck up the roof or not anything will look better than it is now lol. But yeah, I'm gonna take my time for sure. I need to spend more time on the hood too.
                  -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                    theres was an S50 swapped E30 M3 at Dicks. his name is Bong (or something similar)
                    I swear he said m50. I was with josh when he said it to us

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

He did say it was a m50. I dont know why anyone would do that.
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Then again, did you see how dirty that car was

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

He might be a nice guy like Simon said. But he seemed like a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            could be the dme, where is it located on my car? ill let you know this has only happened twice so far.
                            Tighten your battery cables. It is worth a shot. My car was bucking/ acting weird the other day. I went and tugged on the battery cable and the ground had come loose.

Comment

I'm checking that battery cable, fingers crossed, it could indeed be that as my battery area is quite a mess, ill show you a pic.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Anyone interested in a mostly complete M54B30? Great for an E30 swap or use the rotating assembly to build a 3L M50. I will make locals a good deal to avoid shipping hassles

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Working...
                                X