PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post
    I am cool with comforts until I swap over to something else, maybe fixed back but not so sure. just need to swoop an e30 since a million of them are on sale right now.
    You want my grey coupe? I will cut you a sweet deal on it since you already own my old wagon :)

Bahama Beige E23 Project
    Bluebird Bus Conversion
    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Please don't put fixed back seats in your wagon! Unless you have an S38 swapped in it of course.
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

So I get to play with thread files tonight.

Anyone ever used them? Got any tips for a first timer? Doing the threads on a spare axle..
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

What are you filing on it?

Comment

I am cool with comforts until I swap over to something else, maybe fixed back but not so sure. just need to swoop an e30 since a million of them are on sale right now.
            I have an m42 for you ;)
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

What do you mean? I plan to set it down on shop rags and a sturdy surface and get this dorked up thread straightened out.
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I meant what part are you filing. I use them all the time and don't really like them but I don't have much choice with the type of parts I deal with. Just take your time and file parallel with the threads, not straight back and forth, but in a curving way that follows the contour of the shaft and only in one direcrion, not back and forth. You are dealing with hardened steel so it will take a while.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1349140369496.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	7147387

There she is. Went a little too HAM getting the axle apart. Oh well. You live and your learn. Never tried to fix threads but you gotta learn sometime.
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                    Please don't put fixed back seats in your wagon! Unless you have an S38 swapped in it of course.
                    No way lol E34 seat rails are way to unique the only seat adapters run 300 bucks and all the Diy vader swaps are iffy. But Corey can tell you I sit up way to close to the wheel haha. Maybe lucky, I think I'm gonna have rough time getting this wagon sold was the glove box broken when you had it.

Last edited by AustinK425; 10-01-2012, 06:16 PM. Reason: madness

Comment

Stick it in a vice to hold it steady Paolo. That shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Comment

Maybe lucky, I think I'm gonna have rough time getting this wagon sold was the glove box broken when you had it.
                        I'm sure it was. I don't remember details, but I remember the interior needing lots of things fixed

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                        Bluebird Bus Conversion
                        New Oregon Trail

Comment

Thanks for the advice Keith. Gonna spend a couple hours on it in the AM before I go to work. Clock in at 930. I'm gonna hit the garage at 6. :)
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Dear lazy, no pay rent roommate.
                            FUCK YOU! So, because you fail at life and now your fucking pile of KIA is 6 momths behind on payments I have to be inconvienced and cant use the driveway to wet sand my car. Look bitch, I fucking pay rent here. You do not. Dumb fucking waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles. God dammit I need to fucking move.
                            -Andy

Comment

Tell us how you really feel...
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                [ATTACH]60833[/ATTACH]

There she is. Went a little too HAM getting the axle apart. Oh well. You live and your learn. Never tried to fix threads but you gotta learn sometime.
                                I usually start filing from the "good side" to use as a guide then work out. Get a 6 or 8" Brass drift or leave the nut just on the end next time. It saves on the filing. Ask me how I know this.

Comment

Working...
                                X