PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
    That goes for two of you on this page. Jesus, one of you is gonna hurt yourself.

5cells- get a fucking bentley

Wishnitz- get a fucking bentley before you launch a spring into your chin and take your head off.

A whole lot of dumb up in here today/tonight.
    I have a bentley, it doesnt go into much detail.

Comment

Ok, you both have a bentley.

Let give you a few steps on how to accomplish your goals.

1. Read your fucking bentley.

2. Read it again for good measure because it seems you are both pretty dumb and it probably takes you a couple tries to learn anything.

3. Follow directions exactly as said in the bentley.

Fyi, maybe a haynes or a chilton is better for you since those are a lot more basic reading.

Whoever says it is safe and better to change your springs with the strut in the car is a fucking retard. Period.

Do it the correct way or dont do it at all.
      -Andy

Comment

I have changed more springs in e30s than both if your ages....combined. Literally.
        -Andy

Comment

I READ THE BENTLEY! lol

just asking for any tips that the Bentley doesnt share!

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            My father might have a torque wrench, but yea I rent the stuff I can from AutoZone. I shouldn't need an impact wrench right? My father was arguing that I would.
            Dude aren't you in Lynnwood? I have air and electric impact wrenches .... Plus a torque wrench ....do you need some help this week?

Edit: I have mr. Bentley, mr chiton, pelican parts 101 projects, and the BMW repair manual ... Please don't hurt yourself for lack of understanding what to do correctly. There are lots of approaches to getting this done right given the right tools.
            Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

I think the chilton or haynes has directions even you could understand.

IT'S NO FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE!
              -Andy

Comment

Cellz and dipshitz You have hatemail........lol
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I've got a torque wrench and compressed air. Just no impact wrench, if I go the route everyone keeps yelling at me to do I'll probably need it then.

But honestly I had a problem and asked a question, instead of helpful advice about what I've done wrong or what I should do instead I got incredulous retorts and no help at all. At least some people were reasonable, starting to dislike r3v.

Was just following the pelican parts tutorial, bit I guess I was wrong too.

Thanks for the help from those that did, Im going to continue on along my bentlys instructions in a bit.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    instead of helpful advice about what I've done wrong or what I should do instead I got incredulous retorts and no help at all.
                    You got exactly this. Listen to the helpful advice. Are you confused about how to separate the tie rod ends and ball joints?

1. remove the nut
                    2. use a bar against the subframe to pry on the control arm/tie rod
                    3. smack the area immediately surrounding the joint with a hammer

Pop! You're done. Monkeying with a spring compressor up inside the strut tower avoided.

Comment

R3V isn't for pussies
                      Originally posted by bmwm42
                      PNW vulture pm me for parts
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                        You got exactly this. Listen to the helpful advice. Are you confused about how to separate the tie rod ends and ball joints?

1. remove the nut
                        2. use a bar against the subframe to pry on the control arm/tie rod
                        3. smack the area immediately surrounding the joint with a hammer

Pop! You're done. Monkeying with a spring compressor up inside the strut tower avoided.
                        Thank you, I'll do exactly this now.
                        willschnitz

Comment

Let me know if you want to borrow any tools

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                          Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

^^If you haven't already done so unbolt the brake caliper and get it, the rotor, and the ABS sensor/wire off and out of the way.

Comment

I removed the caliper, and no abs. Just going to remove the strut by inviting the tie rod and control arm.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Might need the impact wrench. But idk. Springs were swapped barely a year ago.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X