PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
    SOG today is a manufacturer out of Oregon-country, methinks. Right? They make multitools like leathermans.
    SOG Specialty Knives & Tools, LLC
    6521 212th Street Southwest
    Lynnwood, WA 98036
    USA

I've always been a Kershaw kind of guy, I use this one everyday

Comment

Kershaw must have been what I was thinking of, I know that they're in the territory.

I had both back in college, the Kershaw was incredible. Someone made off with it but I still love the SOG too. it's great that it's geared so that it folds itself open and can be used like proper pliers unlike leatherman (leathermen).
      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
      2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
      2010 Buell XB9SX
      2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
      1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
      1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
      1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
      2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
        Kershaw must have been what I was thinking of, I know that they're in the territory.

I had both back in college, the Kershaw was incredible. Someone made off with it but I still love the SOG too. it's great that it's geared so that it folds itself open and can be used like proper pliers unlike leatherman (leathermen).

Yep Kershaw is in Tualatin, OR. My roommate works up the street so I send my knife in to be sharpened at least once a month

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
          Too bad Audi is just an overpriced VW these days
          they are still quite different... Audis have longitudinally mounted engines VS the transverse that the VWs have, and thats just the beginning. I still wouldnt buy an Audi, the way they are designed is to keep the dealerships busy repairing them. I feel that way for about 95% of the cars that are built today though so its not a shot directly at Audi.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
            they are still quite different... Audis have longitudinally mounted engines VS the transverse that the VWs have, and thats just the beginning. I still wouldnt buy an Audi, the way they are designed is to keep the dealerships busy repairing them. I feel that way for about 95% of the cars that are built today though so its not a shot directly at Audi.
            I heard a bunch of Audi cars are test beds for VW cars, hence why shit can be so odd. And rich or "rich" Americans are dumb enough to pay for repairs even if a car is lousy because of a badge.
            Last edited by ZoomZoomBoom; 12-10-2012, 03:34 PM.
            1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
              It's like my mom always said: you can polish a turd, but it's still a piece of shit.

Comment

Simon that kid is just trolling.
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Which one?

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                    Yep Kershaw is in Tualatin, OR. My roommate works up the street so I send my knife in to be sharpened at least once a month
                    Isn't Benchmade in Oregon too? Like over in Oregon City or something

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                    Bluebird Bus Conversion
                    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                      Simon that kid is just trolling.
                      I ain't your kid, son

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                      Isn't Benchmade in Oregon too? Like over in Oregon City or something
                      Woah, didn't know that! We make badass knifes and all in one tools in Oregon!

Comment

Are you sure?
                        Originally posted by Sonny
                        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

What is your problem? My bad that my opinion is different then yours.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
                            rich or "rich" Americans are dumb enough to pay for repairs even if a car is lousy because of a badge.
                            thats the only reason Lexus exists. People cant justify paying so much money for a toyota. the Volkswagen Group has a lot of platform sharing to cut costs and no surprise they are highly profitable....

personally I dont care about any new cars, but I would sell everything I own to have a VW Lupo 1L
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

All i want for christmas is a daewoo lanos

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

I feel the same way. Where's the fun with new cars?

The newest car I'd take would be a e46 M3...
                                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
                                X