No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet at the hult center parking garage in Eugene, OR. Jan. 7th at 8-10pm. Be there mofo
    -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      Whats a good place to eat in Tacoma or near Seatac that I probably havent heard of?
      Pacific Grill

Comment

I need a battery...

Any better than regular batteries that you kids are running these days? Aside from small LW, it is in the trunk, im fine with weight back there.

My car sits more than driven, does that change anything?

Otherwise the plan is Sears. I live in SE Portland

Thanks
        Been with me for 16 years...
        sigpic
        Wish i had more time to play with her

Comment

Went to PSP... it was great! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by HippyEarly View Post
            I need a battery...

Any better than regular batteries that you kids are running these days? Aside from small LW, it is in the trunk, im fine with weight back there.

My car sits more than driven, does that change anything?

Otherwise the plan is Sears. I live in SE Portland

Thanks
            Since we switched to Interstate our battery issues at the shop have all but disappeared.

If your car sits a lot pull the ground off of the battery and/or use a battery tender. Your battery life is reduced drastically when it sits around in a state of discharge for long periods.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              Went to PSP... it was great! Thanks!
              I like the music they have, any my sister owns the spa on the corner

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                Since we switched to Interstate our battery issues at the shop have all but disappeared.

If your car sits a lot pull the ground off of the battery and/or use a battery tender. Your battery life is reduced drastically when it sits around in a state of discharge for long periods.
                What manufacturer did you switch away from?
                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

^Armor Plate. Batteries Plus is currently romancing the boss with lower prices but we're all liking Interstate. Good batteries= less after hours call outs, fewer change-outs, less work. There are many more brands than manufacturers, btw.

Comment

Okay man.
                    Yeah, you run the risk of not getting a proper seal if it's already been used. It's stupid, lazy, or cheap to not use a new crush washer that costs maybe 50 cents on something like an oil feed banjo on a turbo and possibly wreck the bearings from oil starvation, for example. That's just my opinion from working with expensive Garrett turbos.
                    1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

So long as some jackass didn't over tighten the banjo bolt and put a crease in it a solid crush washer is reusable like 400,000 times. And even if it's creased you can touch it up on a bench grinder and reuse with zero issues or worries. /old guy rants.

Comment

I used the same washer for the chain tensioner on my m42... So far so good.

Comment

It's a piece of mind thing for me. I can't stop thinking about shit like that and won't let a washer be the "weak" link in my mind. In a pinch, I would re-use but plan on replacing with a new one.
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Thanks for the input. A tender has been a thought in the back of my head for a while now.
                            Been with me for 16 years...
                            sigpic
                            Wish i had more time to play with her

Comment

Quick question guys...

I can't decide so I want to know what the majority does.. on M20 intake gaskets, do you use another sealer like copper gasket with them or just straight gaskets

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Shouldn't need sealant. Just the gasket.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X