PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Stop leak? Seriously? I feel really bad for whoever buys your vert. Have fun replacing ps lines and a rack...
    Well ya dude! Replacing 75 cent crush washers is too complicated.

Comment

I don't even need to say it but keep stop leak away from your E30.

The value just went down quite a bit to anyone who knows that fact and may be interested in buying the car.
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

When you neglect to properly repair and maintain a car, it ends up costing you more money later down the road, not to mention how well the car performs and operates.
        1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
          Well ya dude! Replacing 75 cent crush washers is too complicated.
          rofl

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          I don't even need to say it but keep stop leak away from your E30.

The value just went down quite a bit to anyone who knows that fact and may be interested in buying the car.
          Agreed. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Hell, even a good used hose and some new crush washers, and you're back on the road-- leak free even!
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I didn't buy the stop leak. I meant the power steering fluid I have has stop leak in it.... Honestly I'll be replacing the pump and hose anyway. Its old enough I might as well.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              I didn't buy the stop leak. I meant the power steering fluid I have has stop leak in it.... Honestly I'll be replacing the pump and hose anyway. Its old enough I might as well.
              Power steering is for noobs anyway. Just cut the belt

Comment

Ok that was funny. One of those power steering delete things wouldn't be a bad idea though. Wasnt someone selling then on R3VLimited?
                willschnitz

Comment

yup

Comment

Is there a major difference in feel? Can anyone who has done it tell me?
                    willschnitz

Comment

Looks like Japandrew's back for the time being. What a fucking tool.

Comment

YUP

Best mod for my car.. I loved it

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          Ok that was funny. One of those power steering delete things wouldn't be a bad idea though. Wasnt someone selling then on R3VLimited?
                          Ugh, I hate this mentality. Here's an idea, learn how to fix things properly. What a concept, fixing things on your stock e30, CRAAAAZY TALK!! Do not put stop leak in power steering fluid, that's fucking stupid. If you can't afford to buy new shit, find a good used unit. Don't be Toes, be smart.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Mlarsen, ill avoid Power steering fluid that includes stop leak in it from now on. I've got the cash but I was keeping it in reserve in case of a big problem.

Until then I think ill at least order a new hose and washer and see if that helps. I think most of the leak is coming from the bottom of the reservoir and not from the pump itself.
                            willschnitz

Comment

No power steering fluid comes with stop leak in it......

BTW, you should be using ATF for your PS fluid, anyway.

Comment

Dipshitz and 5cells have to be related
                                Originally posted by bmwm42
                                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Working...
                                X