PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
    Welp looks like I saved myself $1200. Rather disappointed but oh well. They obviously have no intentions of proving the gains that they claim. I didn't feel like I was calling them out but rather just asking to see some evidence.
    Just asking for some data to back up the purported gains isn't "calling out" anybody. :roll:
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Why don't you guys just port your own heads? It ain't rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
        Just asking for some data to back up the purported gains isn't "calling out" anybody. :roll:
        Results may very. I personally think when companies claim "15 HP HOT AIR INTAKE DYNO TESTED" they are a joke. If you want a quality head hit up Myster-E or Metric Mechanics, if you want a stock head. Take your head to any machine shop. I am a firm believer of "you get what you pay for"

Comment

Ok, Holset time. Where can I buy one?
          '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
            I don't really feel like reading 40 pages, is that paintjob deal just a single stage? What kind of paint is he using? What all does 800 bucks include?
            It looks like 2 stage and PPG paint. I would like to see one in person. That price seems too good to be true but I don't want to drop 6k at a reputable body shop.

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
            Exactly. I'll sell you some snake oil for $1200 as well.

That's probably what it will come down to. Either that or a MM head.

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
            Results may very. I personally think when companies claim "15 HP HOT AIR INTAKE DYNO TESTED" they are a joke. If you want a quality head hit up Myster-E or Metric Mechanics, if you want a stock head. Take your head to any machine shop. I am a firm believer of "you get what you pay for"
            He may do quality work. But where is proof to back up their claims? I am not going to fork over $1200 for "trust me guys, I know what I am doing." You absolutely do get what you pay for but also very often you get less. And in this case with his attitude towards people asking for more info it seems like the latter. Smells fishy to me that is all. No harm no foul. He just won't receive any money from me.
            Originally posted by Sonny
            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3635089922.html

WHO DIS

Comment

Thought you knew everyone in Eugene?!
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

HAHA nah there's too many e30 heshers here now to keep up with. Times are getting crazy.

Comment

Lolz.

So, who has a front euro bumper to sell me? I need one ASAP!
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Saw this car on my way home today:

It sounded like a fucking beast, but wikipedia says it's an 81hp straight 4 under the hood. Oh well, at least it looks cool.
                      Alpinewhite 318i

Comment

That's pretty damn cool!
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

^^Lancia Scorpion. FIAT powered, engine is very similar to the 124 4-banger. My buddy Dave has two, as well as a couple of Betas.. surprise!!! None of them run.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                            ^^Lancia Scorpion. FIAT powered, engine is very similar to the 124 4-banger. My buddy Dave has two, as well as a couple of Betas.. surprise!!! None of them run.
                            Buy, Swap, problem solved.
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

M20 swap them :D

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

a 731 head is a good one to port!!!!:hitler: especially for my bottom end

The 885 heads already have very large ports and dont really need to be ported unless you have more than the stock 2.5L displacement. And an eta bottom end doesnt really count
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X