No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!!! It's always fun to get stuff done!
    sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
    1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
    1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
    1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
    (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
    1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
    2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
    2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertip View Post
      Anyone interested in a euro rear plate filler for late model e30? $50 OBO
      Is this sold yet?
      On a side note I need lollipops to press the CAB, anybody got some around Seattle/Tacoma area?

Comment

Anyone have an 027 laying around? :D

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
        Nice!!! It's always fun to get stuff done!
        Seriously! Also got a complete tuneup and clean up done on the boat. Hopefully be able to take it out soon. This weather is killing me not being able to take it out.
        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Happy Easter everyone!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by gath View Post
            Is this sold yet?
            Pending sale.
            Regarding lollipops... I will have a set within a week or so, once I swap the ones on my car with new ones.
            Alpinewhite 318i

Comment

^
              look at his teeth!
              bahahahahaha
              sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
              1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
              1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

(GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
              1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
              2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

on a side note, i unplugged the icv and the idle went back to being good.. i plugged it back in and it kept surging up n down. So i went got some parts cleaner sprayed it clean.. there was some dirty stuff coming out.. but i put it back on, we will see what happens?
                sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertip View Post
                  Pending sale.
                  Regarding lollipops... I will have a set within a week or so, once I swap the ones on my car with new ones.
                  K, keep me posted, but I'll check with you too.

Comment

So an update for you guys, i unplugged the icv and it goes away. Plug it back in and it starts doing it again... hmm.. so i got carb n choke cleaner and put it in.. cleaned it... and on she went. Started her up again and same thing.. unplug no idle surge plug in.. still bounces.. SMH

But the main thing that bugs me is TAKE OFF OIL FILL CAP, AND CAR DIES RIGHT AWAY! UGH!
                    sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                    1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                    1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                    2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

Comment

Removing the cap creates a huge vacuum leak so it isn't surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
                        Removing the cap creates a huge vacuum leak so it isn't surprising.
                        I actually forgot to put mine on once on the m20 & it lobe like a drag car, but it was idling all weird. Sounds like he may have a bad ICV...

MT325is: Does the idle bounce up and down when you first start the car?
                        Originally posted by James Crivellone
                        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Sounds to me like a vacuum leak is letting air in after the TB like the ICV is supposed be doing by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                            I actually forgot to put mine on once on the m20 & it lobe like a drag car, but it was idling all weird. Sounds like he may have a bad ICV...

MT325is: Does the idle bounce up and down when you first start the car?
                            Yes it does, and then after i drive it it stops bouncing, its so stupid. And also if i unplug the ICV it stops bouncing, yet the ICV makes a noise when i turn ignition on.. also when i took the ICV out i shook it, and something inside i was moving up n down.. supposed to be like that?
                            sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                            1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                            1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                            2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

Comment

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
                              Yes it does, and then after i drive it it stops bouncing, its so stupid. And also if i unplug the ICV it stops bouncing, yet the ICV makes a noise when i turn ignition on.. also when i took the ICV out i shook it, and something inside i was moving up n down.. supposed to be like that?
                              Yes, a series of magnets. Get some carb clean and spray around the TB and intake runners, listen for a change in RPM or current idle condition.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Clean the icv with some brake cleaner and report back

the thing that was shaking was the vlave opening and closing (its normal). but if it is making that noise that easy then it is probably not that dirty

Comment

Working...
                                X