No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so bad. The bus is faster then driving. But she still drives, but with a howl. Next time she drives its gonna be to te back of my buddies house in Ballard to swap this damn thing out. Still need a driveshaft for a 265.

Anybody got some spare m30 e28 driveshaft?

The countdown is on. Let see how long the car will sit until my wife asks me to get rid o it?

sigpic

Comment

Are you sure it the tranny diffs howl before the blow

Comment

It was howling in park. And the diff is in great shape.

sigpic

Comment

just got back from KD motorsports. Spent the afternoon tearing down the motor. Found some interesting things. :)
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
            just got back from KD motorsports. Spent the afternoon tearing down the motor. Found some interesting things. :)
            Okay I'll bite. What did you find?

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

someone has gone through the motor already. timing stuff is practically new, head is ported, a crank that doesnt look stock. waiting on a reply to get some more history on the motor
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Is it too much to ask for to just get a good 540i HFM? This is MAF #4...
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  Buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                    Do you have multiple housings or just different sensors? I need one too. They are all over eBay. Tempted to just spend 5x the money for a Bosch VS the aftermarket ones
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                      Buy a new one.
                      Lol this, how many used ones have you been through? probably could have bought a brand new one with the price of the four.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Ok, here's the story.

The white car came with a Bosch 540 MAF when I got the motor. It never ran right, so I ordered two new 540 MAFs off eBay. It exhibited the same symptoms on both cars with all 3 MAFs; would run like shit with the Bosch one at idle, but ran good through the powerband, and the eBay ones would just run like shit all the time. Chalked it up to a learning experience and moved on.

Last night, was with a buddy picking up some wheels when the seller told me he had a Bimmerworld 3.5" intake boot and a pair of 540 MAFs off his old M Coupe. I made an offer, he accepted and I went to the shop and worked on it this afternoon. One was a Bosch MAF which ran like shit for a few seconds and then stalled out, and the other was an eBay MAF which did absolutely nothing, as if the fucker was not even plugged in.

I'm done with them at this point. Buying another stock intake boot and M50TU/S50US MAF for the coupe and calling it a day.

Comment

Do you have multiple housings or just different sensors? I need one too. They are all over eBay. Tempted to just spend 5x the money for a Bosch VS the aftermarket ones
                          Multiple complete MAFs. Do not order an eBay one. Hell, just keep a stock 3" MAF. 3.5" MAF really does not make a difference at all.

Comment

I dont have one at all, so I need one
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I dont have one at all, so I need one
                              Ah. Buy a stock M50TU MAF and call it a day.

Comment

Well this whole bus gig is gonna wear me out pretty quick. The waiting. I need a flywheel fast. And a driveline. The rest of the stuff is easy. Do you all think that one day will be enough to swap from auto to manual?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X