Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camip View Post
    Anybody here ever owned an ae86?
    I had one for about 3 months. it was my DD, got pretty decent mileage but lacked extremely in the power department. Probably due to the fact it was an sr5 not a GTS. lol

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
    1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
      Anybody ever heard of an 82 e30? Turns out that euro car I picked up is not an 83 after all. It is in fact an 82 323i only 15xxx e30's were made in 82 compared to say 85' like my eta there were almost 300,000 produced there were only 17,000 e30 m3's produced over 4 years.

I found all this out because I can't even find a damn coolant temp sensor for this car anywhere.
      1982 e30?!?!?
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
        Anyone here running RC090s on their E30s?

Thinking about going this route with adapters or fill redrill.

Would love to see a car in person.
        Pretty sure that's what PNWDan is running
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
          Fish of a 1,000 casts huh. I don't fly fish but I have my fair share of nice rigs for our tributaries.. Had a bobber down last week at Daybreak park (east fork) thats usually a rarity though, fought like a native, and spit the hook. Some of the nice holes that usually hold fish are running a little quick from the rain the past few days though.

So tomorrow, ill be looking at an e30 for $500, the infamous lost title "but he knows the PO." situation... How do you guys usually go about this, in Washington state they wont recover a title if its found to be salvaged. Can I do a vin check to confirm in fact that the vehicle has no reported accidents?
          Awh man! That sucks! I hate when they do that! Especially when that's the only one of the day!

Pm me the vin and I'll run a autocheck for you if my friend still has his account I'll check after work.
          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
          1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
          (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
          2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

How was everyone's long weekend? Anyone do anything exciting to their e30? I spent it prepping my 318ti trailing arms and Z3 rack and pinion

Comment

Weekend was working all firkin day. Have Thursday off, and I'm gonna replace my subframe bushings. Sawsall to the rescue. I got the powerflex poly bushings, so install should be a breeze.

Jon

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                Weekend was working all firkin day. Have Thursday off, and I'm gonna replace my subframe bushings. Sawsall to the rescue. I got the powerflex poly bushings, so install should be a breeze.

Jon
                You don't hear much about Powerflex bushings because of companies like IE and AKG. I have a set of the Powerflex m3 offset CAB's. Some of the highest quality poly i've seen. Torn between powerflex, akg or OE for rear subframe/trailing arms myself

Comment

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
                  Thanks a lot for this!
                  No prob. I had an issue on my m20 with cold idle>hot idle transition and it took me awhile to figure out which temp sender was bad. Ended up having an extra one wired into a heater hose under the intake manifold that "looked" factory but I could find no info on.

Originally posted by camip View Post
                  Still got it? On the hunt for one.
                  Nope, it was an old room mate's car that I convinced to put a v8 in. He moved out and the project stopped.
                  84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                  Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    1982 e30?!?!?
                    Looks like the first were made in 12/1981

Comment

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
                      Awh man! That sucks! I hate when they do that! Especially when that's the only one of the day!

Pm me the vin and I'll run a autocheck for you if my friend still has his account I'll check after work.
                      HA! this time of season YA, that was my only hit.

And ill be PMing you shortly sir.

Comment

Going to tear the e30 down this week.

Get dirty!
                        -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                          Going to tear the e30 down this week.

Get dirty!
                          Cheaper to ship it one piece at a time? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                            Looks like the first were made in 12/1981

http://realoem.com/bmw/select.do?kin...9811200&arch=1
                            Yeah I saw that I guess there is no official count on how many we're made that year but it must be very low. Trying to research this 82' just brings up a ton of e21 stuff I can't even find a pic of an 82 323 e30 besides what I've recently posted.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                              How was everyone's long weekend? Anyone do anything exciting to their e30? I spent it prepping my 318ti trailing arms and Z3 rack and pinion
                              Ahhh, my weekend was one of the best i've had all year! Spent Saturday, Sunday, and Monday afternoon in the Shop working on E30's. Feelsgoodman.

As you all know, I was able to yank the iX engine out of the Red iX that's been in my garage for WAY TOO LONG. I also got down and dirty with the Brown Eta and yanked that lump out as well. Spent a lot of time going through old parts, new parts i'm planning on keeping vs. selling, organizing tools, sweeping, and cleaning off the shop floor. Was just super productive, and honestly didn't even drink alot at all. Had my goals in sight, and made it happen. Now back to work..
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

This week i'm going to yank the front/rear subframe, and trailing arms off the Red iX... clean them up and start getting new bushings together for the iX. She needs love, and is kind of envious of the attention Greta has been getting.
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X