No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol thats the first thing we all think of... anything creative you can swing at me?

EDIT: AAA premier membership offers free 200 mile tow
    Last edited by the imitator; 06-19-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I have a toe rope you can borrow I used my e30 to tow my e28 before.

Comment

That sounds like a kodak moment right there.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
          That sounds like a kodak moment right there.
          When my tbelt broke in Tacompton, I had a buddy in his v70r volvo flat tow me with a ~12ft tow rope from the tacoma dome back to my house in Bothell. Motherfletcher was doing 60-65mph on I5! White knuckle for sure!
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

thats a crazy mofo! either he hated you for making him tow you back or he has a sick sense of humor hahahah
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I was free towing and Ef civic with a f250 a few years ago.....brakes cought fire, car went up in flames, one less Honda on the road :)

Comment

So I'm getting my car back from the shop tomorrow. They got her all welded back up. We'll see how it feels like to drive without a busted subframe!

sigpic

Comment

Wednesday night birthday karaoke! I'm going to hate my self in 5 hours when I'm riding my bike to work.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                    When my tbelt broke in Tacompton, I had a buddy in his v70r volvo flat tow me with a ~12ft tow rope from the tacoma dome back to my house in Bothell. Motherfletcher was doing 60-65mph on I5! White knuckle for sure!
                    Super sketchy! Completely different but, it reminded me of this:

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                      That is just retarded and dangerous, If you are going to be cheap and flat tow stay the f uck off the freeway.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                        That is just retarded and dangerous.
                        No disagreement here. But in the middle of the night even I5 is a ghost town. In the 50+ mile drive I could count the number of cars we passed on one hand. One being a state patrol. I guess he just figured I was tailgating?
                        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350

Comment

waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles staters

Comment

Just to add more fuel to the fire, the HG on the blown m50 is a VR. I can't find any obvious failure points under a cursory search but I'll look closer in a bit. I don't know the history of the motor or the prep involved when the reman head was slapped on. Taking the head to the machine shop now to be checked out. Coolant was pouring out of the y-pipe when I separated it to pull the headers.
                            Last edited by iansane; 06-20-2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

So I sheared off the ABS sensor screw in the strut housing, drilled it out, bought a tap, tried to tap it, and the motherflowering tap broke off in the hole! Springs are coming today, I don't neeeeeed this shite.

/rant
                              -Peter
                              '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                              '91 318is slicktop project
                              '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                              '00 Tundra

Comment

Was it a harbor freight tap?

Comment

Working...
                                X