No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dialed in the E21, replaced the 2.0AFM with the stock 1.8AFM and now it runs much smoother and the throttle response is much, much faster. After doing all that, I disconnected the entire motor and prepped it to get pulled for the long awaited M20B25 swap.

Here's the first start up of the day, and the last time it ran before disconnecting everything. The video is for the perspective buyer.
    Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Everything disconnected, waiting for the shop to drop the subframe, and tranny mount and leave the lump on the floor.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 03-25-2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Do you just not have engine jack to pull it out?

Comment

It's much easier to drop it out of the bottom, and leave the tranny attached. I'm going to have Dynasport do the swap, so there's no sense in me doing anymore.

Comment

DIY! Spend the savings on euro bumpers! Oh, wait...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
          -Peter
          '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
          '91 318is slicktop project
          '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
          '00 Tundra

Comment

Nah, the price is too good not to just have them do it. $2000-2500 with motor and tranny included? That's a steal. And I get very experienced hands doing to the work. Even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
              Nah, the price is too good not to just have them do it. $2000-2500 with motor and tranny included? That's a steal. And I get very experienced hands doing to the work. Even better.
              is it a new rebuilt m20 and tranny?
              My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

If the price is right, fuck it why not. I've always liked working on my car myself but, I've been burnt out on working on cars during the day then after work wrenching on my own stuff. I've got a V70 with a burnt exhaust valve, I'm paying someone to fix it.

Comment

My optima passed a load test yet when I turn my car off it drops from 12v to 10v within about 5 seconds.. I guess its got a bad cell... The optima is only about 15 years old so its amazing it lasted this long. Alternator is putting out 14.4v and battery will charge up to 12v

6 cells x 2v per cell = 12v..
                  10v = 5 cells.

Shouldnt a load test expose the bad cell?

Comment

Cutting up the 323 this weekend. Free body panels if you need them! (Or if you don't)

Comment

E21 or e30?

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                        I worked in the ER there until 3 weeks ago. Anything I can help you with?
                        Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                        My wife is a RN there and several of our friends are Residents, or Fellows. Explain your pickle a bit more and I'll see if I can be of any service.
                        Thanks for the Response,

I'm the president of a pre-med/health club at OIT. Every year we fund an annual medical school trip for the members. The group tours COMP NW at Lebanon and the OHSU medical school. Last year a current student was able guide the tour and show us around the school and answer questions. So I'm reaching out for a potential contact that may be able to help me with setting up something similar.

I appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvizm View Post
                          e21 or e30?

e30

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                            e30
                            Hurry up and cut it. :)

Comment

I really need too, think I'll cut up an e21 next

Comment

More free shit, I have an m20 b27 I don't need, I started it once before I pulled it. Smoked a little( probably from sitting) had a bad crank sensor, came out of an e28

Comment

Working...
                                X