PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this happened today:

I picked this up for $20 from a clapped out 88 vert in a junk yard south of Centralia, it was filthy, and the leather covering was shot. the stitching was shot, leather dried out and split, also molded. I pulled the old cover, and cleaned it up good. Cheap-o steering wheel cover for now.

anyone know anyone in the Olympia area that recovers steering wheels?
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
      So this happened today:

I picked this up for $20 from a clapped out 88 vert in a junk yard south of Centralia, it was filthy, and the leather covering was shot. the stitching was shot, leather dried out and split, also molded. I pulled the old cover, and cleaned it up good. Cheap-o steering wheel cover for now.

anyone know anyone in the Olympia area that recovers steering wheels?
      Dont waste your money recovering that, find someones thrashed Mtech 1 for $45 and clean it up and have it recovered, will look way better.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Dont waste your money recovering that, find someones thrashed Mtech 1 for $45 and clean it up and have it recovered, will look way better.
        I wonder if I could recover it myself, I was able to get the old covering off in one piece, so I got a pattern.

I want a a Mtech 1, but for $20, and $10 cover, it was a good, factory, option to get rid of the bent H-wheel I had....
        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I've given away minty wheels like that, I'm with will get a trashed mt1 and rock that until then.

Comment

So I have subframe risers I was going to put in. I almost totaled my car over the weekend, and now I'm thinking that may not correct enough of the camber I hit a bump going 75-80ish around a bend on i5 and the back end swung out, I went sideways for 2-300ft at full lock some how it brought it back but I don't ever want to experience that again should I just go with an adjustable subframe?

Comment

Here's a pic for reference I'm not sure what my camber specs are ATM but it's TOO MUCH!

Comment

That camber isnt even that bad, are you sure you dont have a bigger issue like a bad diff or loose subframe? The amount of camber shouldnt cause lack of traction like that, especially in an eta ;)
                willschnitz

Comment

It was wet I'm also running 12k rear springs and I feel like the roads in Seattle/Tacoma are slicker I was yokin it everywhere In Portland I have a lot of trouble kicking it sideways

Comment

Sounds like someone needs bigger sway bars

Comment

Don't you still have the stock eta open diff? That could also be the problem :/
                      willschnitz

Comment

Don't you still have the stock eta open diff? That could also be the problem :/
                        Stance + Open Diff = Spin out

Comment

So that's another thing would LSD have provided more traction or kicked it out more, I was trying to explain to my friend(that was in the car) why I thought an LSD would have prevented the situation but he thought I was crazy.

Comment

Its called "Limited Slip Differential" last time i checked.
                            willschnitz

Comment

Its called "Limited Slip Differential" last time i checked.
                              its a form of Antriebsschlupfregelung

Comment

That sounds really scary glad you didn't total it! Or hurt anyone that's my biggest fear when I'm driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X