No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I love the snow. I wish it had snowed here. Seattle's just been god damn cold :/
    sigpic
    Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
    88 Alpine 325i
    1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Kinda excited to head to Denver tomorrow. It's really damn cold right now, but snow is nice. Near freezing temps with rain (PDX at the moment) just kinda sucks.
      sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Who owns this beast on here?
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
          whoever owns it never comes to meets up here.

Finally gave in and purchased the Morimoto H1 retrofit kit and Elite HID's, sick of 1987 era halogen bulbs with toasted housings.
          Last edited by Wschnitz; 11-14-2014, 02:58 AM.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

Finally gave in and purchased the Morimoto H1 retrofit kit and Elite HID's, sick of 1987 era halogen bulbs with toasted housings.
            make sure you post after you get them installed! i really need to upgrade my headlights but its mostly a track car at this point

Comment

Nice! that is definitely on my to-do list. I basically only turn on my lights at night to not get pulled over. Thats all they're good for
              sigpic
              Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
              88 Alpine 325i
              1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Isn't that the euro bumper/e36 5 lug car for $5k that was FS for a long time?
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Congrats! You're gonna love them!
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                    Congrats! You're gonna love them!
                    Yeah honestly can't wait till they get here. Current light output is less then a dollar store maglite lol.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Picture dump from today...

This makes me jealous. these kids were having way more fun than i was....i miss when snow days meant you'd get to play all day...

This kid was flyin', literally. caught air then landed on his rope and ate snow. got up laughing and ran back up the hill.

My Honda was a trooper. Took about 45min this morning to get to this point after defrosting and chipping away at the 1/2in of ice it was encased in after last night's freezing rain...

Went to the park to run around and be alone. Super nice out there in the snow. It makes everything SILENT when no one's around...i love it.

the ice was not solid enough to hold me. had to drive home with a wet foot and change my socks...

Snapped some pics of my beater before leaving.

As i was about to take off a lady in a Merc GL350 tried to turn around in the deep stuff with less than adequate tires and started spinning tire. So i offered to help her out. Got the shovel, dug a path out and hooked up my tow rope and pulled her out. Wasn't too bad. She was very thankful and tried to pay me. Declined the offer wished her well and went on my way.

Here's the Merc after she parked it. She let me jump in the driver's seat and try to rock it out, which was futile. I'm surprised it couldn't get itself out, even with 4wd. The gear selector is all electronic and confusing. Couldn't find low low. Tried my best but had to pull her out...

Got back up Aubrey butte without any issues. Still impressed by this little Honda. Always fun to scoot around in the snow with this thing...even if it plows sometimes.

The view from my uncles porch

Anyone else play in the snow today?

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
                        Picture dump from today...

This makes me jealous. these kids were having way more fun than i was....i miss when snow days meant you'd get to play all day...

This kid was flyin', literally. caught air then landed on his rope and ate snow. got up laughing and ran back up the hill.

My Honda was a trooper. Took about 45min this morning to get to this point after defrosting and chipping away at the 1/2in of ice it was encased in after last night's freezing rain...

Went to the park to run around and be alone. Super nice out there in the snow. It makes everything SILENT when no one's around...i love it.

the ice was not solid enough to hold me. had to drive home with a wet foot and change my socks...

Snapped some pics of my beater before leaving.

As i was about to take off a lady in a Merc GL350 tried to turn around in the deep stuff with less than adequate tires and started spinning tire. So i offered to help her out. Got the shovel, dug a path out and hooked up my tow rope and pulled her out. Wasn't too bad. She was very thankful and tried to pay me. Declined the offer wished her well and went on my way.

Here's the Merc after she parked it. She let me jump in the driver's seat and try to rock it out, which was futile. I'm surprised it couldn't get itself out, even with 4wd. The gear selector is all electronic and confusing. Couldn't find low low. Tried my best but had to pull her out...

Got back up Aubrey butte without any issues. Still impressed by this little Honda. Always fun to scoot around in the snow with this thing...even if it plows sometimes.

The view from my uncles porch

Anyone else play in the snow today?
                        Where are you at?! Tacoma is cold as hell but no snow!!

Comment

Originally posted by kfrey_e30 View Post
                          I miss having seasons. It about broke 70 here. No snow.
                          Last edited by OldDrunkenSailor; 11-14-2014, 07:35 PM.
                          Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                          2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                          2010 Buell XB9SX
                          2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                          1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                          1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                          1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                          2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                          2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by kfrey_e30 View Post
                            Bend. Not for too much longer though. Moving back to Portland after i finish my 5-speed swap. Gonna miss it...Bend is awesome, especially in the winter.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                              I miss having seasons. It about broke 70 here. No show.
                              I don't even have seasons haha. I go from cold and rainy to a little warmer rain and cold and dry. Mostly rain.

Comment

Happy birthday will

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X