No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I get another car for DD I'm going Hagerty with this one... Stated value FTW.
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
      If I had a 324TD motor from an e30 with a stick, any thoughts as to what it might be worth to someone in our fair PNW? Roughly 88k miles.
      I know a certain someone who would be very very very interested and would be interested in purchasing asap. (no me, but a very good friend) PM me! :)

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
      1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

Figuring out getting the car now, trying to get a ballpark for what that engine/trans/radiator/cats is worth.

Any thoughts?
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          they will use NADA for classics, I got 7250 for my 88 just by linking equal condition cars nearby.
          Id like to see proof of this, or i call BS. You cant simply email your insurance links and say, "hey is is a similar car to mine for 100k, ill take 90k." Its just not that easy. Insurance does not cover anything aftermarket either.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

It's 3am. What up R3V. :D
            Pete Mitchell

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
              Id like to see proof of this, or i call BS. You cant simply email your insurance links and say, "hey is is a similar car to mine for 100k, ill take 90k." Its just not that easy. Insurance does not cover anything aftermarket either.
              Well I got 7250 soooo. Sorry Matt-b knower of all things and expert on insurance claims and all that is everyone thing. But your wrong. Similar cars do play a part in value.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

IS it to early to talk about the E30 Picnic
                never been, but then again never had an E30.
                So does anyone know where and when
                Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

Originally posted by lti_57 View Post
                  IS it to early to talk about the E30 Picnic
                  never been, but then again never had an E30.
                  So does anyone know where and when
                  28th-30th of june at marymount lemay car museum collection.
                  willschnitz

Comment

Just dropping this here.

I'm so doing this next Halloween.
                    sigpic
                    Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                      I got $5000 for a 1980 BMW R100 motorcycle I originally paid $3000 for and totaled. I also got $6500 for a totaled 1974 Porsche 914 that I paid 3200 for. Both times they offered me much less and I just sent copies of Craigslist adds showing better, worse, and similar cars/bikes for sale. You just have to do their work for them. Adjusters aren't trying to screw you, they're just lazy and uneducated about your hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        28th-30th of june at marymount lemay car museum collection.

Excellent thanks on our calendar
                        Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

Originally posted by Coy325i View Post
                          I got $5000 for a 1980 BMW R100 motorcycle I originally paid $3000 for and totaled. I also got $6500 for a totaled 1974 Porsche 914 that I paid 3200 for. Both times they offered me much less and I just sent copies of Craigslist adds showing better, worse, and similar cars/bikes for sale. You just have to do their work for them. Adjusters aren't trying to screw you, they're just lazy and uneducated about your hobby.
                          As an adjuster for homeowners insurance, I can say that both processes work similarly in regards to the programs used for automotive, and homeowners insurance. I'll be honest, it's hard to be lazy as the adjuster; We can only do as much work as we are given in resources, to get you the best value possible. So if a homeowner has a total loss and neglects to have an itemized list, I have no choice but to base his/her losses off a computer program which gives an estimated cost for materials based off past build history and current costs by zip code, not including depreciation. (ie:buy tv in 2007, house burns down in 2014, tv is worth X amount to replace at the date of loss.) Basically if I am missing anything, the desk adjuster, or reviewer are going to kick it back to me. :D

you're totally right though, we aren't trying to screw anyone, in fact, we want to help you, the quicker we can max out your policy limit the faster the claim goes for us. for an example, a fire broke out in a california storage unit, destroying hundreds of units, all the people we did claims for had a policy limit of $2500 for personal property. So basically, we rolled up the door, take about 5 pictures and ask them "whats the most expensive item you have in here" and they just blabber on as we take photos and note costs until the point we reach the policy limit and the we wrap it up.

Fun work though, not driven by the economy, and storms keep brewin; and for automotive.. cars keep crashin.
                          Last edited by the imitator; 12-08-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

The Death Machine officially has a salvage title now after buying it back from the insurance company for $150. The steering wheel is probably worth $400 alone.
                            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                            2010 Buell XB9SX
                            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

You bought it back for $150? dafuq
                              willschnitz

Comment

When the paperwork is done I'll spill the beans on the next step.
                                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                                2010 Buell XB9SX
                                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Working...
                                X