No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheuk, have you tried using a known good ECU? Mine took a dump not too long ago, was missing, check engine light coming on and off when it'd miss, etc. Swapped in a spare Motronic 1.3 ECU I had laying around and it fixed it up.

How long has it been since you've done plugs? I'd start there..
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
      well the swap sold quickly.. dang
      n54 swap pending now?
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

So I need to sell a few things.....

What's the going CL rate for a brake booster, radiator, and an M20B20 w/ five speed, all w/ 142k miles?

And how about a complete (5) set of bottlecaps?
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
          n54 swap pending now?

It's confirmed, I have the motor,6spd and every bit of wiring, full aftermarket exhaust, and methanol injection.
          With the m30 swap sold I get to pick out some neat parts.

I'm deciding what I want to get next, I want to get fresher turbos, clutch kit, and jb4. my initial plans were to get the ptf twin disk clutch kit just so I already have it, but I'm not quite sure now.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwsun View Post
            That is the breather overflow tank for the fuel tank I believe
            Bingo. Thanks.
            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
              So I need to sell a few things.....

What's the going CL rate for a brake booster, radiator, and an M20B20 w/ five speed, all w/ 142k miles?

And how about a complete (5) set of bottlecaps?
              Interested in the M20/G260, where are they located?

Bahama Beige E23 Project
              Bluebird Bus Conversion
              New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                Cheuk, have you tried using a known good ECU? Mine took a dump not too long ago, was missing, check engine light coming on and off when it'd miss, etc. Swapped in a spare Motronic 1.3 ECU I had laying around and it fixed it up.

How long has it been since you've done plugs? I'd start there..
                Do you still have the bad one? I just need the case/plug, so I'd buy it from you.
                m106 1990 e30
                e36 daily
                e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                  Interested in the M20/G260, where are they located?
                  PDX, a few miles from the pearl.
                  Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                  2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                  2010 Buell XB9SX
                  2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                  1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                  1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                  1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                  2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                  2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                    Do you still have the bad one? I just need the case/plug, so I'd buy it from you.
                    Yeah I do, just not at my house at the moment. I will let you know when i've got it at the house!
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by cg138 View Post
                      So as some of you know, I've had some gremlins in the past few weeks. The car would run rough initially on the first start after it's been sitting for a couple of days. The rough running would mostly clear up after the car's been driven and warmed up a bit; however, it would still be a bit rough in a small RPM range. However, as long as the car is being daily driven, it would seem to be ok.

When it runs rough, it car feels very sluggish and makes the "blarg blarg blarg blarg blarg" rough running noise.

I think this may be linked, but it seems like I'm using more gas. My gas economy has gone down (trips and city/highway ratio have mostly stayed the same), and even on light acceleration, I now see my gas gauge dip way down to under 10 MPG, when it wouldn't be that low before.

Ideas on what the issue may be?

My car had a very similar issue and was resolved by replacing the intake manifold gasket.

Comment

got my e28 decatted yesterday.. with the old ansa muffler it sounds so period correct :) love it

Comment

Man, it would be cool for one of you guys to jump on the n54 thing as well. I'll be honest, this whole thing has been relatively cheap THUS far.

N54 50k miles + all accessories/wiring+ full M2 exhaust $1700
                          Gs6-53bz 6 speed $500 (popular with the diesel truck crowd)

I have lines on an n54 and 6 speed with similar mileage for well below s54 territory as well if someone is trying.

Comment

Man, it would be cool for one of you guys to jump on the n54 thing as well. I'll be honest, this whole thing has been relatively cheap THUS far.

N54 50k miles + all accessories/wiring+ full M2 exhaust $1700
                            Gs6-53bz 6 speed $500 (popular with the diesel truck crowd)

I have lines on an n54 and 6 speed with similar mileage for well below s54 territory as well if someone is trying.
                            Its the maint nightmares that e90 guys talk about that scares most away. But definitely a lot of potential in those engines.
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

deets
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                Its the maint nightmares that e90 guys talk about that scares most away. But definitely a lot of potential in those engines.
                                I agree to an extent, and there's general maintenance items. To be safe, and since someone took the compressor side of the front turbo, I bought two newer units with 16k on on them, cost me $390 shipped for both. I'll also be getting a walnut blasting setup for the intake which is pretty damn cheap, and there seems to be a steady flow of out of warranty folks needing it done on the side... even then, that's after 25-30k of heavy use, so not terrible.

I Think the issue with a certain percentage of people that own e9x cars is, because most tend to be a little more fiscally stable, it can lead to someone being more sensitive to labor on their car since they paid X amount for it. I only say that because it seems most of these guys who act like that, also seem to be the same people that upgrade their whole vehicle, and then complain about their single mass flywheel setup having a chatter to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X