No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, I need some advice. I got an opportunity to strip an E36 (LATE) M3 4DR 5SPD tomorrow. I'm mainly going after the suspension, but depending on how determined I am, I may end up with the engine and trans and much more depending on how much I can get done before 3-4ish..

Any special MUST HAVE tools for a quick removal of all the suspension? Car is going to the wrecking yard afterwards so a sawzall will be brought out.

Thanks.
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Why arent you starting with the motor and THEN the suspension? Get an extra set of hands, can get a lot more work done
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Think I've got it covered now lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Possibly looking for a different shell guy, early model preference, less rust, delphin metallic if possible. I quite literally need just the shell, no subframes or anything

Comment

Why do I like the wheels in the last pic so much?

sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
              Why do I like the wheels in the last pic so much?

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4953879202.html
              'Cause they're awesome! What are they?!?
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my tool storage. Right now, I have a 26" craftsman (black) bottom, mid, and top box combo. It's certainly not their top of the line nor is it the best of the best storage wise. Recommendations?

I'm not a mechanic by trade and don't really want a mortgage to the guys driving around in tool trucks. What does everybody else have and would you recommend it?
                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                  Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my tool storage. Right now, I have a 26" craftsman (black) bottom, mid, and top box combo. It's certainly not their top of the line nor is it the best of the best storage wise. Recommendations?

I'm not a mechanic by trade and don't really want a mortgage to the guys driving around in tool trucks. What does everybody else have and would you recommend it?
                  Don't laugh.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
                  sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

That guy has a 52" matco for $375, probably $325 after bartering.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

That HF 44" chest is going to be on sale for 369 or 359 on easter sunday, it's really, really nice for the money. I have one and want to buy a second one.

It's big though, might need to rent or borrow someone's pickup or SUV to get it home.

Comment

Honestly, the US General boxes are pretty decent for the money. Had I not had a student discount with Snap On during tech school, I probably would have bought one of those.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Yup, even the sliders are pretty nice quality, especially for how damn cheap it is

here's a comprehensive analysis from a couple of years ago about all the features of each of the different brands:

As if there aren’t enough threads already on Harbor Freight tool cabinets. I think this offers new material, so I started a new thread. I initially set out to compare 26” roll away tool chests, and in the process looked at the 41 inch series as well. I don’t use my tools to make money, but I...

GJ owns bones if you're looking for good garage chitchat and tool recs

Comment

Hey folks still reaching out for a shell, coupe, any color, early model preference, and less rust than my current shell.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                              Yup, even the sliders are pretty nice quality, especially for how damn cheap it is

here's a comprehensive analysis from a couple of years ago about all the features of each of the different brands:

As if there aren’t enough threads already on Harbor Freight tool cabinets. I think this offers new material, so I started a new thread. I initially set out to compare 26” roll away tool chests, and in the process looked at the 41 inch series as well. I don’t use my tools to make money, but I...

GJ owns bones if you're looking for good garage chitchat and tool recs
                              thanks guys! I've been a craftsman guy for a while ... I'm just not impressed with the quality.
                              Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

thanks guys! I've been a craftsman guy for a while ... I'm just not impressed with the quality.
                                Im with you on that, got a bunch of open ends/ratchet wrenches, and the chrome just peels off within a few uses.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X