No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats pretty rad. i would love to take that on a road trip rather than my e30
    WTB:m60b40 in PNW
    Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
    92 525it 5 speed.
    80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

This is suppose to fit into that?

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
        This is suppose to fit into that?
        Oh to be well endowed...
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

Comment

I once had v8 dreams, but then realized it made more sense to do a turbo s5x. Still fun. I love my m60 in my e34.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I had built my m20 up with the intention of doing a turbo build. However, after living with it for a while I wanted to remain NA, but was looking at S50s and M54s. Came across the M6xs and couldn't shake the urge to do a V8.

I'd still like to do a turbo someday, if only just for the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
              I had built my m20 up with the intention of doing a turbo build. However, after living with it for a while I wanted to remain NA, but was looking at S50s and M54s. Came across the M6xs and couldn't shake the urge to do a V8.

I'd still like to do a turbo someday, if only just for the experience.
              Welcome to the V8 insanity world. I'm in the process of doing a M60B40 swap myself.
              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Did anyone go on the Whidbey Island cruise with the CCA on Saturday? I heard there were 40+ cars!
                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                  Did anyone go on the Whidbey Island cruise with the CCA on Saturday? I heard there were 40+ cars!
                  No, but I went autoXing with the PNW chapter of the PorscheCCA! Saw two white e30s at Bremeton Raceway Park doing the PCCA driver's skills class but didn't talk to them
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

just got back from Bremerton --> Vancouver trip

shout outs to LuckyHenriksen 3UROBOY for the hookups :)

camped at Ave Cave in the way home, pretty cool if you havent been. Treacherous, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                      No, but I went autoXing with the PNW chapter of the PorscheCCA! Saw two white e30s at Bremeton Raceway Park doing the PCCA driver's skills class but didn't talk to them
                      Forgot to respond to your pm, although i couldnt go because i was saving an IX.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        Forgot to respond to your pm, although i couldnt go because i was saving an IX.
                        Its all good, my run group went drove first and worked cones after, the weather was nice in the morning but deteriorated to pissing rain with cold stiff wind for my work session, and I left my jacket in the car. Driving was a ball though. I actually don't mind autoX in the rain as I love trying to keep the tail behind me though the cones whilst driving 10/10ths. Plus you can sit in the car between runs

AutoX again next month!

How was the iX saving?
                        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                        Originally posted by roguetoaster
                        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                          Its all good, my run group went drove first and worked cones after, the weather was nice in the morning but deteriorated to pissing rain with cold stiff wind for my work session, and I left my jacket in the car. Driving was a ball though. I actually don't mind autoX in the rain as I love trying to keep the tail behind me though the cones whilst driving 10/10ths. Plus you can sit in the car between runs

AutoX again next month!

How was the iX saving?
                          Good, buddy who bought it needed help with the paint, it was extremely oxidized. now its got a nice shiny reflection and looks red again.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                            On the 2002 Facebook group a local guy posted a video of it. Said it was mainly new stuff... E90's ect. One E30 M3 and two 2002's was all... Shame. But we can't ignore that most of the BMW CCA members are into BMW's for their new feature comforts. Hell, even my girlfriends mom's e90 is growing on me. Help. Assistance needed on islE10...
                            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              I once had v8 dreams, but then realized it made more sense to do a turbo s5x. Still fun. I love my m60 in my e34.
                              Always false. Never understate the simplicity and awesome that is a v8 beneath your foot.
                              Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                              2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                              2010 Buell XB9SX
                              2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                              1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                              1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                              1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                              2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                              2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

You guys have a good weekend?

I painted a bathroom, had a bonfire, and scored a free OMP Racing Seat. Love that kind of shit.
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X