No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone better snatch this black on black M coupe.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

located a 3.25LSD for my brother! sweeeeet. his m30 would really appreciate it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5010305733.html

someone better snatch this black on black M coupe.
        It's a pretty car and I was eyeing it for a while but the price is just too much for the miles. It's also been for sale for well over 4+ months.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

My timing chain won't shut up now... It had been ticking on start up but it usually went away in 10 seconds or less. Now it won't go away... :(
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Sounds like your tensioner went tits up. Replace with the s52 unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Sounds like your tensioner went tits up. Replace with the s52 unit.
              I put in a new tensioner less than 3k miles ago... I'm going to pull the valve cover and have a look at the actual guides and stuff later tonight... Might be going to pick n pull soon for an e36 m42 timing case to change to late style guides...

Damn, why couldn't it have waited until school is out in 3 weeks?!?! The last thing I needed was to not have a car!
              -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Super lame. Hope it's nothing serious.

Comment

I hope so too, I never should have told the guy at school on Wednesday that my car had been pretty reliable and good, besides the broken subframe!

Another thing to add to the total crapshow that the last week has been
                  -Christian

Comment

Figured it out.... Just like in this thread by the m42 wizard BMWman91, http://www.m42club.com/forum/index.p...8802#msg108802 The driver's side timing guide was replaced with the new design, which needs a longer bolt on the upper corner. With the original short bolt, it will strip and pull out of the cover and beat the timing cover. Apparently that's where all the noise comes from, and where the hole that I found in the timing cover came from also...
                    Last edited by DER E30; 05-16-2015, 11:16 PM.
                    -Christian

Comment

This E28 M5 just came up:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5029528140.html

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Some Romanian kid's drift slut. My brother knows the owner. Motor is tired...and he thinks it's worth $30k

Comment

Yeah the whole " highest offer wins" made me immediately think its a piece of crap.
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

Who bought the red 1989 325i coupe for $1k in Tigard?
                              1985 318i Sedan POS. Cosmo Bleu {R.I.P}

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                Yeah the whole " highest offer wins" made me immediately think its a piece of crap.
                                That's what they did when they had that super beater hennarot M3 (same family). Someone paid $22k for that pile of shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X