form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

I love everything about it
      sigpic15 year old me is super impressed with real me

Comment

Bitchin
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Damn that makes a great looking little pickup. Nice!

Comment

PO wired my sisters sedan so poorly that when you turn the high beams on it only lights up one side, drivers side stays dark. Note I mean that it turns on both low and high on passengers side, but turns off low beam and high beam on drivers side.

Great wiring PO, thanks!
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Change the headlight switch.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                Change the headlight switch.
                I wish it was that, Its the wiring, theres like 6 extra plugs behind the headlight splash guards.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                  Finally, it moves under it's own power!

YES! needs more ground clearance, but amazing start... that doesnt look like a LSx under the hood though
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    YES! needs more ground clearance, but amazing start... that doesnt look like a LSx under the hood though
                    It will definitely get more altitude once I get all the metal work finished and the bugs worked out at this height. This thing is going to get an LS long after my polaris car gets one. I'm just happy that I can start that swap now!
                    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Goodbye Albinowino.

Hello Alpinwagon...

Comment

Hope we get to see that when it's done...
                        1991 349is (wadded up)
                        1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
                        2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
                        1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                        1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
                        2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

So what's up with the Leavenworth drive? Is there not an actual show and its a bunch of enthusiasts doing their own thing?
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                            Finally, it moves under it's own power!

You bastard. I saw you turning onto Bothell Way as I was crossing the street to get to the Kenmore Park and Ride. I though it was you but i've never heard you mention a truck! Thing looked cool, but sounded gutless! 318?
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Pulled the bumpers off the 02, and pulled the gas tank. Had about 2 gallons of gas in there from 2001. Inside of the tank looks amazingly clean, and the gas that came out of the tank is just fine for my lawnmower.

Running all new hardlines throughout so as far as the fuel system goes, I think i'm golden. Run/bend two new hardlines, wire up the fuel pump, and I should be ready for first start. Everything else is like the extras on your baked potato.

Pulling the tank was one of the biggest worries I had, but after combing around upstairs at work I found a brand new 02 gas tank, still with stickers on it and everything! Luckily, looks like i'll be able to use the one that came in the car.

iX barely get driven anymore, drove it once last week for a total of 6 miles. I love 'ol girl.

I don't think i'd ever sell it but i've got a 1970 Colorado 2002 with ragtop that needs $$$ to get the project rolling. Car comes with Turbo Flares, and front and rear bumper, TEP rear strut brace/battery box, and autopower rollcage. Here's the kicker, the front end of the car is cut off, my cousin wanted to do a removable front end. Long story short he's trying to sell me the car with good M10/Tranny and all the Turbo Goodies/Cage for 1200.00 - I kind of just want the extras to put on my 76. I may just buy the 02 and part it out? Guys I need advice.

Part of me wants to sell the ix, ride my bike/bus to commute to and from work and have two bad ass 2002's. One with M20, and one with just slightly modded M10/5spd and Ragtop. I really don't travel much during the week so I think I could get away with just weekend cars.
                              Last edited by kid325e; 06-14-2015, 11:55 AM.
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                You bastard. I saw you turning onto Bothell Way as I was crossing the street to get to the Kenmore Park and Ride. I though it was you but i've never heard you mention a truck! Thing looked cool, but sounded gutless! 318?
                                Haha, on the off chance this project went south I didn't want to make a build thread or post a ton about it before it was semi complete. And yes, gutless as hell. It's sad, I thought my m20 and m50 were slow until I fired off this m42.
                                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Working...
                                X