oh yeah, fresh paint. lol
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

So at 10:43 last night the 02 let out a breath of life for the first time since 05 where the head was taken off at my shop and we found the cylinder walls scored, etc. etc.

Front Crank Pulley is just barely touching/rubbing on the front swaybar which was making a screeching sound which scared the shit out of me for a minute. Taking that sway off tonight, then buttoning up a few more things. I hope I didn't piss any neighbors off, I barely ran it for a few seconds. HUMP DAY.

If you're ever dealing with a no crank condition, don't neglect to check the condition of the ground cable from the engine to chassis.. it's very important.. lol
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Congrats, sir. That's always a nice feeling.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

True, the best feeling was getting it to crank over the first time.. I almost shit myself seeing that engine move in the bay and that familiar starting sound.. Greta would be proud.

On a side note, my coworker is getting his 2015 Mustang GT on saturday, ordered to his specs. Kinda excited for him, but bummed for the car, he lives in capitol hill and is looking for a parking garage now... lol
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            So at 10:43 last night the 02 let out a breath of life for the first time since 05 where the head was taken off at my shop and we found the cylinder walls scored, etc. etc.

Front Crank Pulley is just barely touching/rubbing on the front swaybar which was making a screeching sound which scared the shit out of me for a minute. Taking that sway off tonight, then buttoning up a few more things. I hope I didn't piss any neighbors off, I barely ran it for a few seconds. HUMP DAY.

If you're ever dealing with a no crank condition, don't neglect to check the condition of the ground cable from the engine to chassis.. it's very important.. lol
            whoaaaa! congrats brotha! dude i wanna see this thing fire up! If i get some free time tonight, can i swing by? :up: :up: :up:
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Maybe... garage is a complete mess and I really want to get some things tidied up in the bay before I even start showing it off. You free this weekend? Let's get the guys together and wash cars Sunday morning and shoot the shit.

Either way all the brethren will be invited out when I drive out of the shop for the first time.
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Congrats dude, that is awesome!
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Nice work Paolo, it was crazy seeing the car moved, since it was always in the same spot for years. One top of that hearing it turn over while I was there was awesome. Im guessing you got the wiring to the fuel pump all figured out?
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

2002 was pretty sick when I went by definitely some top notch parts about to go on the car.

Comment

Thanks guys but to say it was a long time coming/slow progress is an understatement. Still lots to do but it's a nice push/motivation when you see new body parts/suspension parts going on, and the engine making noise.

Ugh... the E46 needs brake and suspension work, so I may focus on that for a bit now. My girl has been so nice about giving me time to work on the car, gotta take care of hers every now and then. : / - Gotta keep that balance, ya kno?
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Anybody watching the game tonight?
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

What game? Lol
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Found my fusible link was partially torn. Not sure if it had anything to do with my misfire in the 2002, but I don't think it's helping at all.

The 2.7i is misfiring pretty badly right now, which is why I started looking into wiring, and found some posts about the fusible link. Checked mine and it was hella corroded and partially torn. Took care of some potential vacuum leaks and double checking wiring connections, etc.

Took the iX for a drive to get some coffee this morning.. It made me feel like damn, i'm spending all this time on the 02 when I have a really nice iX I could be doing some shit too. Gahhh.
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Found my fusible link was partially torn. Not sure if it had anything to do with my misfire in the 2002, but I don't think it's helping at all.

The 2.7i is misfiring pretty badly right now, which is why I started looking into wiring, and found some posts about the fusible link. Checked mine and it was hella corroded and partially torn. Took care of some potential vacuum leaks and double checking wiring connections, etc.

Took the iX for a drive to get some coffee this morning.. It made me feel like damn, i'm spending all this time on the 02 when I have a really nice iX I could be doing some shit too. Gahhh.
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post

Kid, that '02 will be something special once you get her up and running. Enjoy both cars ... and thanks for bringing me coffee, you bastard.
                                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Working...
                                X