PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
    Maybe it's just me... but regal red better be a dead on match for it to not look bad.
    Some say it's close. I think it looks like dog shit. You could go have a couple cans of Zinno made up for about $40 or so and it will match 100x better.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

the regal red might match, the is trunk lip will be a great way to see, easy part to remove, prep and paint. if the regal red matches good the valences will be getting a fresh coat too :) I have a can in the garage I painted the engine coolant pipe with - it looked pretty good!!!

or maybe the trunk lip should be black... hmm I will give it like 3 months to decide

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        the regal red might match, the is trunk lip will be a great way to see, easy part to remove, prep and paint. if the regal red matches good the valences will be getting a fresh coat too :) I have a can in the garage I painted the engine coolant pipe with - it looked pretty good!!!

or maybe the trunk lip should be black... hmm I will give it like 3 months to decide
        Go take the car to a paint store and have them make you a couple paint matched cans of Zinno. Don't be a cheap ass.

Comment

If you are replacing the door wait till you do that and bring in a piece of the door for them to match. After you polish it of course, I had a can of delphin made up and it was off, thats why I suggest bringing a panel in.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            'Twas I. I saw you rolling through. I almost ran up and scared the shit out of you but we don't know each other. Last drive of the year before I disconnect the battery and put the cover on it.

That just reminds me that we never got an end of season r3v PNW meet together.

Your car is very clean, the lady and I spent some time creeping on it. I have to say, I miss my silver car.
            Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
              That just reminds me that we never got an end of season r3v PNW meet together.

Your car is very clean, the lady and I spent some time creeping on it. I have to say, I miss my silver car.
              Yeah, there was little to no interest, unfortunately. There's hardly any PDX activity on here anymore.

Thanks. I love the car. It's such a joy to drive and can immediately turn my shitty day 180 degrees the other direction. Now to finish collecting Alpina bits this winter...hehehe

Comment

Always been a fan of black is spoilers.
                Hank Ahrens
                1984 Alpine Coupe
                1978 911sc

Comment

after some research the regal red is a no go and the black spoiler might just be temporary hank LOL ill start a project thread soon

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    ill start a project thread soon
                    I just changed my winshield wipers, I'm going to start one too ;)
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Anybody have a recommendation on a good upholstery shop? Looking to get a set of Recaros reupholstered and a back seat fixed.
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                        Anybody have a recommendation on a good upholstery shop? Looking to get a set of Recaros reupholstered and a back seat fixed.
                        Moved away before I could use him, but was about to pull the trigger with: Rich's Custom Upholstery. Liked what I saw at his shop and having talked to him a lot about what I wanted done.
                        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                        2010 Buell XB9SX
                        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Yeah, there was little to no interest, unfortunately. There's hardly any PDX activity on here anymore.

Thanks. I love the car. It's such a joy to drive and can immediately turn my shitty day 180 degrees the other direction. Now to finish collecting Alpina bits this winter...hehehe

Thought about setting up a meet soon.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Just bring your heap to the Red Door Meet. I don't think it's too cold yet. Or you could try getting up early and hitting the Cars and Coffee in Wilsonville.

:)
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Can anyone shed some light on their experience with different E30 S50 motor mounts? I see a lot of premature failures mentioned with E28 mounts so I'm leaning towards aftermarket, but I've not seen a lot of reviews as far as harshness and vibration. This is going to be for DD.

Condor Solid UHMW $100
                              AKG Aluminum $130
                              AKG Poly $200
                              Others ???

Comment

Poly will drive you insane on a daily. E28 M5 is what I run in all the cars I do. I tried AKG mounts in my best friends S50 swapped 318is and they fit beautiful, looked nice, but the vibration would kill it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X