No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like I could come up with 10k pretty quick, but you did just say that your house doubled in 4 years... so wouldn't that be 20k now?
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      They were one of the most innovative manufacturers in Formula 1 in the mid 60s before they dropped out due to a deadly crash
      pussies
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

protip fall 2016 should be an excellent time to buy

Christian, I didnt know you bought Kevins old 318. He dumped a TON of money into that car, nice pickup :up:
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
          I feel like I could come up with 10k pretty quick, but you did just say that your house doubled in 4 years... so wouldn't that be 20k now?

3.5% down payment was $10k for my house, so now it's about $20k. There are still houses < $300k where you'll be at $10k or below.
          Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
          2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
          2010 Buell XB9SX
          2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
          1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
          1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
          1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
          2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
          2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

No, your 10k downpayment would be only a part of the total growth of the house... example, if you bought house for 300k and sold for 600k, you'd net 300k growth so your 10k could turn into an extra 290k... (that's assuming a lot though)
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I really dont want to argue, but yes honda made shit engines for their passenger cars in the 80s

but, you should know this, Honda has been one of the top racing and motorcycle engine manufacturers of all time - and just because their passenger car engines were meh doesnt mean they didnt know how to build some real cool stuff. They were one of the most innovative manufacturers in Formula 1 in the mid 60s before they dropped out due to a deadly crash
              Well you are comparing a civic to a homogenized racaecar. And I know Honda's history, that still doesn't make them comparable
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                protip fall 2016 should be an excellent time to buy

Christian, I didnt know you bought Kevins old 318. He dumped a TON of money into that car, nice pickup :up:
                I don't think I bought the "car" but I think I have the engine from that car in mine. The shell came from Cali in 2010 as far as I can tell. Tim, the guy I bought the car from said that he went for a ride in Kevin's car and wanted the engine but then that car was wrecked so Tim picked up the engine and put it in my car. Tim said that the engine used to have a totally different ECM/management system (megasquirt?) and is currently down at least 20hp.

But that's all kinda hearsay

I do have a receipt for an m42 made out to Kevin Doyle in my folder though...:rofl:
                -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

To the property point, we bought our first house while we were both still in school. The mortgage was cheaper than we were paying in rent and all we really did was keep some student loan money along with our paychecks (since we were working side jobs) for a couple of months before applying. Anything over 60 days old they pretty much don't bother looking at.

Same deal moving out here in January, we jumped on a newly refinished condo in Redmond right at $305k, last week a worse condition smaller unit in our same complex sold for $347k. So right there in equity we're up over 40k just for having put our money up.
                  sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Well, I'm only 18. I have a few more years...
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Well, I'm only 18. I have a few more years...
                      and at only 8% growth, that $300k house today is only $325 next year. Just saying, if you can afford it, it's the single smartest thing that you can do. And if you can't afford it, you should do the math, you can probably afford it.
                      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                      2010 Buell XB9SX
                      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                        and at only 8% growth, that $300k house today is only $325 next year. Just saying, if you can afford it, it's the single smartest thing that you can do. And if you can't afford it, you should do the math, you can probably afford it.
                        I have about 15 - 20k to my name depending on what I could sell. No job yet, freshmen quarter at UW. I wouldn't even know where to start.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                          8%growth is better than the freakin stock market right now Maybe with the Chinese gov lowering interest rates and the deposit reserve requirements the other day the housing interest rates will fall more.
                          -Christian

Comment

Yeah, you need a job and to be < 50% debt-to-income (pretax). I didn't know where to start, bought mine because a housemate kept using the hot water and I decided it was time to show him. Went to Windermere.com and called a guy who had glasses in his photo.
                            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                            2010 Buell XB9SX
                            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

^well, I won't have any student loans when I graduate, so I guess that's one hell of a start.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

I really dont want to argue, but yes honda made shit engines for their passenger cars in the 80s

but, you should know this, Honda has been one of the top racing and motorcycle engine manufacturers of all time - and just because their passenger car engines were meh doesnt mean they didnt know how to build some real cool stuff. They were one of the most innovative manufacturers in Formula 1 in the mid 60s before they dropped out due to a deadly crash
                                Sounds like im reading wikipedia...lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X