No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if I offered 16 I'd be on point correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
      M3s are fun cars, and I'm sure this one is too. It'd just be so much better with a BMW engine.
      S14 or die.

I have a massive respect for any M3 owner that keeps the S14. I saw one at PIR and almost had a heart attack when I heard that throaty little motor coming up the straight.
      -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
      -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by kye View Post
        So if I offered 16 I'd be on point correct?
        lol ask him, he's on here. highly doubt he would take it, but who knows LOL
        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

There's no way he would take 16. Snowballs chance in hell.
          Hank Ahrens
          1984 Alpine Coupe
          1978 911sc

Comment

Id pay him what he paid, 20k.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              Yeah I missed the firm part. 25 is too much but I think 19 is ok

😁

Comment

Originally posted by kye View Post
                Thoughts on this as an investment? Would 19 or 20 be a reasonable offer?
                Investment as in, would you make money on it? No. Never.

Investment as in, would that car put a shit eating grin on your face while you pound the throttle into oblivion and annihilate rubber? Yes, most definitely.
                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Wtf? Am I the only one that thinks 20k+ for ANY e30 is crazy?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
                  sigpic
                  Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

I dont think 20-30k is unreasonable for a M3. Hell id pay 8-10k for an absolutely mint 318is.

But once you are spending that on an E30 I start to get tempted by porsches and lancia delta integrales.
                    willschnitz

Comment

I dont think 20-30k is unreasonable for a M3. Hell id pay 8-10k for an absolutely mint 318is.

But once you are spending that on an E30 I start to get tempted by porsches and lancia delta integrales.
                      Seems cheap for what you get to me 👍

Comment

Not really, Its not art, Its not fast, its just cool.

If I'm spending 20k its on something that's art or that's fast.

Something like an old Italian car, or something fast like a Porsche.
                        willschnitz

Comment

My dad and I were in the process of working out the logistics on going to get it when the ad was pulled. I knew it was going to go fast.

With that all said, everyone's gotta make money...I would pay $22k for it but that's really about it. It would be one fucking monster of a car, but you would never ever ever ever ever get anywhere near 'collector' money for it. It's too far gone for that.

Also, I miss the days of cheap e30s, but I feel like there are a few cars out there that are worth their five-digit price tag. The MT1 S52 sedan Guten built, for instance. I'm not sure what the price tag is on it, but I feel it's probably one of the nicer quality builds out there (considering I know what it costs to buil a car *properly*)...and if I didn't have Eleanor, I probably would own that car.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I just feel uncomfortable with the idea of a Chevy motor in an m3. Call me a purist but I think BMW motors were intended for bimmers. I'm sure it would be fun as hell, in the sickest, most twisted, way imaginable.
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                              So would you guys rather have an m20 stroker turbo or an na s5x. Those are the two options I'm contemplating.
                              Buy my 3.0L m20 built turbo motor

Comment

he said 25 absolutely firm and that he "had" thousands into it after paying 20 this spring. he also said he had offers as high as 32k but the guy couldn't sell his car so that doesn't mean shit.

if austin will pay 22 maybe ill go take a look at it with 22 and really see if dude wants to keep it this winter ;) wish me luck gentleman. or dont, idgaf

Comment

Working...
                                X