Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Happy Friday, gentlemen. S52 almost ready to be inserted (heh) in the track car.
      Attached Files
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Jealous! I'm due a bonus at work and I am super conflicted over S52/4 vs. tarbo M20.
        sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
          Jealous! I'm due a bonus at work and I am super conflicted over S52/4 vs. tarbo M20.
          :up:

i personally love my S52. perfect amount of power/weight ratio for our cars. S54 would be absolutely amazing though. My next swap once prices die down a little
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

btw Just a heads up, but i may be selling my UUC Evo3 shifter if anyone is interested. I'm highly considering throwing in z3 shifter in again (preference really).
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Anyone have a set of decent black or gray door cards and carpet for a coupe? doesn't have to be perfect (track car) but shouldn't be moldy or smell bad

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                btw Just a heads up, but i may be selling my UUC Evo3 shifter if anyone is interested. I'm highly considering throwing in z3 shifter in again (preference really).

Interesting - I am going to be pulling the AKG out of my racecar before the season starts and going with a combination of the z3 and maybe the AKG rod.

I just was never happy with the shifting of the AKG.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I have a z3 not really happy with it I grind into second 90% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    Interesting - I am going to be pulling the AKG out of my racecar before the season starts and going with a combination of the z3 and maybe the AKG rod.

I just was never happy with the shifting of the AKG.
                    Let's trade. I want the AKG shifter. I've got an M coupe, a couple UUC shifters as well as a couple Z3 shifters.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I never grind gears with my e60 545 and jaffster knob. I bet youre trying to shift to ofast seth? iunno. I always let the revs drop down and the synchros pull the gear right in

Comment

I have a Z3 shifter, no issues whatsoever, your bushings all good seth? Cause i replaced mine because the trans was moving so much.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                          Sounds like a G260

Comment

Idk what it is my shift set up is something I kind of threw together because my original plan didn't work. I condor mounts, e28 stamped carrier bolted directly to the trans tunnel, red46 twisted dssr and z3m shifter. I have to let the revs drop all the way to idle in order to grab second and even then it clunks in. In third gear I can push it past where it's in gear if that makes sense. All other gears are just fine. If I downshift from 3rd to second it's smooth but going from first to second is not. I also get this really loud moaning sound from the tranny when I downshift into second and sometimes 3rd if I'm being really hard on it. I believe that has something to with the 323 flywheel. It's probably no big deal but with uhmw mounts and no carpet I hear more than I should

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                              maybe time for some new fluid? I've had the Z3 in multiple cars, and i love it. Plus, I'm trying to get the car in a OEM+ state. I dont want it super race car-esqe (its a daily), but have it perform like an M inspired car should.

With that said, I should have went with the stock M20 Sachs clutch Austin...The Spec 2 grabs fugggin great, but isn't ideal for daily driving....it plants power down and gives no fucks
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Fluid is round 1 month old 75w90 Lucas iirc

Comment

Working...
                                X