No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I totally agree with you man. last time I did a clutch on an e30 I had the same assortment of extensions cobbled together with a 1/2" breaker bar on the end (with an adapter). Friend was giving the breaker bar everything while I held the socket on the bellhousing bolt... it broke loose giving it everything we had and we both thought the socket had cracked off or something LOL. wobble extensions steal the torque so much... I find that getting to the 2 upper bolts from the passenger side of the trans with a u joint and shorter set of extensions is easier though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      Need to scrape the pennies out of the couch cushions and put a new clutch in so I can HPDE and track day this summer/spring.
      Fried your clutch?
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        Fried your clutch?
        I was pretty sure it was already going pre cross country trip, over winter break I gave it a few whacks when I took it for a drive and it just redlines lol.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

What's under this car cover?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

isetta 600 is my guess

Comment

Good guess!

clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

...I was going to guess a car that contains many clowns.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by elDizzle View Post
                  Down for this! Is it a requirement to go to the track seminar first at 425 Motorsports in April? #trackvirgin
                  Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                  http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/events/...trol-clinic-5/ - car control clinic in May. Anyone planning on going? Thinking about taking my iX and popping my cherry

The track seminar at 425 is a good way to learn first hand what our events are all about but its not required. The CCC is probably the best money I've ever spent on a car,I use the skills I learned there every day! I hope to see you guys out at the track this year and Kid, tell Steve A to come out and play, his M3 is a lot of fun.
                  1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Alvine? Surely, that would be a ton of fun, I'm sure he'd be into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

He brakes so hard the harnesses leave marks in your chest.
                      1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT4677 View Post
                        He brakes so hard the harnesses leave marks in your chest.
                        Sounds like the MR2 I rode in...

That thing never needed to break it just piled on the G's, and when it did brake it would snap your neck lol.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Yeah I'll bug him tomorrow about coming out on May 22nd. Supercharged E36 M3s seem like they be a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Before I even read the description I was thinking "must be in fucking Oregon".

http://www.dpccars.com/blog/walking-...awesome-video/

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              Sounds like the MR2 I rode in...

That thing never needed to break it just piled on the G's, and when it did brake it would snap your neck lol.
                              I've ridden in both, different driving strategies for them as the mr2 wasn't carrying as much speed or mass so he has to keep up the momentum. The m3 has big brakes and is carrying maybe 30 mph more into T2 so he hits it hard.

I share my cars with my wife so I try to take it a little easier and conserve the equipment. I learned my lesson when I lost the brakes in my rat going down the hill into 3A during the last session in A group a couple of years back, I had a pro 3 and a S52 swapped car coming down behind to my right and rather than spin it and possibly collect them up I took the off into the grass. After I came in she told me she had been working on her braking technique.

I guess the purpose of my story is to emphasize just how much you can learn by taking the car control clinic,I use the same things that I learned in the CCC to avoid an accident and it worked, just like I use those skills every day in whatever I'm driving.

Comment

Yup ^ Going to make it a priority.

as far as MR2's go are we talking AW11 chassis or SW20? I had an AW11 for a bit through highschool and I loved that thing. Ended up selling it to someone who was going to build it for autocross!
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X