PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
    I sent them to a shop in Cali called LA Wheel? I believe that's right.

They specialize in wheel modification. Banding steelies, all sorts of cool stuff.

Old holes were filled first, and machined smooth, and then new holes drilled. Shipping is obviously a joke at times, but if you have 3 piece wheels etc, you can just send the "honeycombs" in. Mine were one piece so I sent all 4 wheels.

I pmd a local in the area, paid him via PayPal and he dealt with company for me.

Also Stockton wheel I've heard people use aswell

I wouldn't use anyone in Oregon or Washington they either don't do it, or its 1000$

I paid I think 45$ a wheel, might be more now, last I heard was 50/60
    Thanks for the info. These are true 3pc so I should be able to remove the waffles and just send those in. Do you know if they painted as well?
    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by iiTzvaughn View Post
      ill think about that when i want to slam an e34...

Just swap the e34

Comment

Pay day today, Im happy LOL. time to hit up Blunt.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          He is getting so lazy, his website is so bad now.. He said it was going to be better. Starting to purchase from ecstuning/amazon again.. They usually beat his website price by a ~10$

What you buying?

Comment

I never ever ever ever use his website, I email him direct and always hear back FAST. Blunt is price matching me from rockauto for some bilstein touring shocks, among other things. Im doing an entire suspension refresh, shocks, springs, all bushes, control arms, z3 rack, rebuilding calipers, new brakes, brake lines, tons of stuff. I want this car to be ready for any type of trip I can conceive. Using lemfoerder/OE quality on everything.

A good deal on Us ellips came up, I hate the sealed beams on my 91. Since this car I am trying to have fun on a budget, I think it would be dumb to get euro smileys (will get them in the future likely)

I believe after all this suspension work I will have about $3000 in this e30, between the engine's rebuilt head I had to put on, all new sensors and sssquid chip, purchase price, new wheels + tires, sports interior. member AAA325is is helping me build a custom exhaust next week, the giant rust hole muffler is TOO LOUD!!! going with thrush super turbo muffler and my low miles vibrant SS ultra quiet resonator from my old car, 2.25 mandrel bent headers back.
            Last edited by 5Toes; 02-25-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

No such thing as too loud

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                Just swap the e34
                m20 swapped e34 anyone? lol
                - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
                @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

^its not a good swap if it was the US base model from the factory...

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    Ecs gets my business now, he use to be cheap, lot of ecs products are 10 or 20$ cheaper now.

Which sucks because I prefer to support an individual and not a business.

I sometimes use omg motor works also. Little more then ecs, but some stuff is cheaper.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                      No such thing as too loud
                      I'm getting old then, I love loud on a curvy road but on the daily cruise to work it sucks.
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                        I'm getting old then, I love loud on a curvy road but on the daily cruise to work it sucks.

Just get a loud stereo stereo to drown out the exhaust

Comment

Or just get a proper exhaust

Comment

I had one of the loudest cars in my town with my old E34, and I am so over that kind of attention whoring. My m42 sounds wicked, not ricey at all, but it needs something soon. Being fully gutted with no radio, etc. it can get a little bothersome on longer drives.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                              Or just get a proper exhaust
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Im with the other old people, Cant stand a loud exhaust when not driving a windy road.

Probably why I wont get rid of my Stromung or switch from a stock style dual design.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X