No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:( zero mpg's.... Mine is still torn into pieces in my driveway...
    Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
    Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
    1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
    1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
    2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      It's not like I drive these cars for the mileage. Hell, I rarely calculate mine or even look at fuel prices. Shit costs what it costs. I'm not going to go drive 10 miles out of my way to save $.10/gallon of fuel.
      ...or be one of those tools parked in the line for the Arco at the corner of MLK and Lombard.

Leaving the car running while waiting in line for crap gas = win?
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

8.5 gallons every 200 miles. Fuel gauge is whack.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          ...or be one of those tools parked in the line for the Arco at the corner of MLK and Lombard.

Leaving the car running while waiting in line for crap gas = win?
          Lol. All the broke ballers and pimps going to get their $2 worth of gas, but making sure they're saving that $.10/gallon...
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Just conversation lol. Right now it doesn't matter as much anyway, DD or not.
            definitely. didn't mean to come off as a dick haha.
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Lol. All the broke ballers and pimps going to get their $2 worth of gas, but making sure they're saving that $.10/gallon...
              It's almost as depressing as walking by the Denny's on MLK.. On Thanksgiving.

:(
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                my car is in really good running order, only problem m42 is having lately is lifter tick for up to 30seconds on cold morning starts. Im getting a spare engine to refresh soon so Im not too worried about it but it still bugs me, Im due for an oil change soon so we will see if that helps things.

being a gutted m42 car with 3.25lsd 25mpg is pretty lame... this is based off trip odo reading and gallons at the puimp too. I have a BAVREST afm in there and all other new sensors/things... all but the o2 sensor and coolant temp sensor. I remember testing the CTS and it being in spec, going to try o2 first.
                Have you checked your spark plug wires? Grounds? My car was running shitty for the last year or two, ~12-15mpg around town, smelled rich sometimes, stuttering under acceleration. I replaced O2 sensor, cleaned the AFM, new plugs, new temp sensors, new cap + rotor, no difference. Finally put in new wires and it runs much better now. Funny thing is, I had the exact same issue on my '86 Scirocco ~10 years ago. Then I put in some new ground straps from BavRest and it fixed a couple of the other issues (bouncy temp gauge, radio interference). I haven't had to refill yet since getting these fixed, but I am willing to bet I will be back to 16-20mpg around town now.

Daniel
                1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

M42 doesnt use plug wires (has coils), but checking the ground wire would be a good idea regardless

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    M42 doesnt use plug wires (has coils), but checking the ground wire would be a good idea regardless
                    thats bs the m42 does use spark plug wires unless you went to a coil on plug set up
                    Originally posted by bmwm42
                    PNW vulture pm me for parts
                    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Haha, I forgot that they have them stock, i replaced mine with a COP kit 7 years ago after only a month of owning the car

Comment

Even 24v still has a spark plug wires, we just call it a spark plug boots instead.

Comment

I always calculate my MPG on every fill up. Its a habit from when I was 16. I guess I like to know if something drastic changes? Plus my company often pays my gas so I am always keeping tabs on it. But I agree, we don't drive these for the MPG. That being said, it does hurt to have to fill up my jeep every other day because I'm getting 14mpg. :(
                          F80 M3 Alpine
                          E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                          E28 Blackish 535i
                          E21 Silver 320i
                          Disco1 98 4.6
                          ~~~~~~
                          E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                          E30 325i SOLD
                          E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                          E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                          sigpic

Comment

tbh i get 27mpg in my m50 with a 2.93

i got 24 mpg with m42 and 4.10, i simply changed diffs when i swapped so it was easier on motor

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

my m42 has, but is not limited to:
                              bavrest refurb afm with UNI foam filter (for lightness!!)
                              NGK premium silicon plug wires
                              NGK BKR6EK plugs
                              new bosch coils
                              rebuilt head
                              all new intake seals
                              sssquid chip
                              all new cooling system (radiator, water pump, thermostat, hoses)

I can go on... basically it runs awesome with lots of power lol. Only problem is that every morning when stone cold it will hesitate around 2000 rpm till you gun it up to 3000rpm or so in third and shift. bogs down kinda bad... gonna see if the o2 sensor cleans that up.

Comment

Parents give me a buzz when they have 1$ off, that's 13$ lol
                                Last edited by Matt-B; 03-17-2016, 09:23 PM.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X