Giving away some free stuff on Instagram

@2mshiftboots

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

[QUOTE=spiDmang;4604698]
      Originally posted by DER E30 View Post

your sunroof is busted on the ///M??
      Yeah, it pops up but when you slide it back it'll go like 90% then stop and go back lol bottom of the list of things to do though ha vanos vanos vanos
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
        Unibody seems compromised, the bumper no longer lines up with the fender. Tried a couple different shock mounts and new one helped but still an inch off.. Car has a salvage title and has been in a few incidents, at this point its worth more in parts than a full driving car.. Mostly because I have to strip all my goodies off.. who wants to put old nasty stock parts back on for chump change? not me

How bad is the shell once you get all the parts off it?

I am contemplating re-shelling my race car at the end of the season. After I repair the drivers rear corner next week, it will have had every panel but the roof replaced/repaired at some point. So it's rather beat. Thinking it might be best to find a new shell and have a new cage put in, and move all the go fast bits to it..
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          How bad is the shell once you get all the parts off it?

I am contemplating re-shelling my race car at the end of the season. After I repair the drivers rear corner next week, it will have had every panel but the roof replaced/repaired at some point. So it's rather beat. Thinking it might be best to find a new shell and have a new cage put in, and move all the go fast bits to it..
          Can you even make a 318is pro3 legal?

Comment

[QUOTE=DER E30;4604890]
            Originally posted by spiDmang View Post

Yeah, it pops up but when you slide it back it'll go like 90% then stop and go back lol bottom of the list of things to do though ha vanos vanos vanos
            I need to do a trans flush on mine...MT-LT2 is so damn expensive. But im glad BMW allows you to bring in a jug to fill up a liter at a time
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by car_gal_jenni View Post
              Time to get the targa off the supra.
              I see this happened (spotted on Bothell Way yesterday evening)
              m106 1990 e30
              e36 daily
              e32 cruiser

Comment

Can you even make a 318is pro3 legal?
                The shell, yes.

Once you remove the running gear and engine harness - it's still just an E30.

My buddy Gary's started life as an '84 318, mine was '85 325e..
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  The shell, yes.

Once you remove the running gear and engine harness - it's still just an E30.

My buddy Gary's started life as an '84 318, mine was '85 325e..
                  Ah good to know, guess you just have to add extra weight since its a bit lighter due to the smaller gas tank?

Comment

Ah good to know, guess you just have to add extra weight since its a bit lighter due to the smaller gas tank?
                    ~~Most of the Pro3 guys are running fuel cells anyway so that's a moot point.~~

Apologies all for talking out of my ass. I'm wrong.
                    Last edited by ncsubowen; 03-29-2016, 04:49 PM. Reason: I'm a dumbass
                    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                      I see this happened (spotted on Bothell Way yesterday evening)
                      Yep! It was nice having the targa off. Great weather for it. I'm excited for sumner
                      Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                      Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                      1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                      1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                      2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                        Most of the Pro3 guys are running fuel cells anyway so that's a moot point.
                        Not sure how running a fuel cell makes weight a moot point. Obviously you still need to weigh in the same as the 325's........

Comment

If you have to add weight at least you get to choose where you put it

i think the early cars are still the lightest, right? even if the 318iS is pretty light compared to a 325 its mostly due to the drivetrain, lack of sound deadening and smaller gas tank, all of which are removed for a pro3 car.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

i think the early cars are still the lightest, right? even if the 318iS is pretty light compared to a 325 its mostly due to the drivetrain, lack of sound deadening and smaller gas tank, all of which are removed for a pro3 car.
                            ~Right that's my point - the difference between a 318 and a 325 gas tank doesn't matter in Pro3 because they've both been removed in favor of a fuel cell. The weight matters but that's just getting to the Pro3 requirement, which you'd do either way.~

Apologies all for talking out of my ass. I'm wrong.
                            Last edited by ncsubowen; 03-29-2016, 04:50 PM. Reason: I'm a dumbass
                            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

Yea its been about 10 years since I last looked, and IIRC 318is and 318i were banned at the time. I found it silly then because if you swap the drivetrain and weigh the same, its the same damn car.. Just better.

Comment

[QUOTE=spiDmang;4605062]
                                Originally posted by DER E30 View Post

I need to do a trans flush on mine...MT-LT2 is so damn expensive. But im glad BMW allows you to bring in a jug to fill up a liter at a time
                                I'll probably do redline mtl 90 in the trans and redline I forget, it's like 75w-140 or something in the rear when I do mine, shifts smooth right now so it's not on the top of the list lol

I have redline in both diff and trans in the e30 and it shifts nicely.
                                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X