Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=DER E30;4605258]
    Originally posted by spiDmang View Post

I'll probably do redline mtl 90 in the trans and redline I forget, it's like 75w-140 or something in the rear when I do mine, shifts smooth right now so it's not on the top of the list lol

I have redline in both diff and trans in the e30 and it shifts nicely.
    mine pops out of reverse if it's cold. I think it's long overdue for a change! Gonna do it tomorrow since i wanna go to dicksssssssss
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

mine pops out of reverse if it's cold. I think it's long overdue for a change! Gonna do it tomorrow since i wanna go to dicksssssssss
      That sucks:( yeah a deluxe sounds super good right now
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
        That sucks:( yeah a deluxe sounds super good right now
        seriously does. has me concerned about it whenever it acts up. luckily imma work out a deal with my good bud Gregolas (You met him, he was there when you chopped the roof). He has an SMG trans that could be converted thats sitting in my garage!
        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Well there you go haha
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Anybody want a full M3 bodykit for cheap? http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=382430

Daniel
            1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
            2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
              Anybody want a full M3 bodykit for cheap? http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=382430
              whats his price without shipping? PM me dude....
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Sell it to Vlad

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                  Sell it to Vlad
                  majority of the people on the board these days dont know who that is lol
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

majority of the people on the board these days dont know who that is lol

That is a good thing lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Do it Bradley! He is in Arizona, so you will probably want it shipped :)

Daniel
                      1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                      2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
                        Do it Bradley! He is in Arizona, so you will probably want it shipped :)
                        man......i'll think on it a few more days hahaha
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                          Most of the Pro3 guys are running fuel cells anyway so that's a moot point.
                          Actually, no.

MOST of the PRO3 guys aren't willing to go to a fuel cell and lose the advantage of all that weight in the center of the car down low.

The factory setup is more than capable of providing adequate fuel (unless you are cheating.) Even many PRO3 cars that have run the 25hour at Thunderhill still used the factory tank.

As for the difference in size - seeing as how PRO3 mostly runs 30 minute sprint races, the size of the tank doesn't come in to play.

The biggest difference is in the body shell itself. This has been beaten to death other posts, but the older the chassis, the lighter it is.

My chassis started life as an Early '85. Even after the full cage and i motor swap, I still had to add a couple hundred pounds to make the class weight. This was even with ALL the factory glass in the car, and ALL THE SOUND DEADENING TAR still on the floors.

Don't believe me, check out the build thread, or come by Dynasport. We can throw it on the scales and I can show you how light an early chassis can be.

Going back to the topic of Fuel Cells - it should be the LAST thing you change on an E30. Once you go fuel cell, you have to worry about recertification to compete in other Organizations, you also then need to worry about holes in your rear bulkhead. And from personal experience - fuel slosh is more of a PITA to deal with on a fuel cell than the factory dual setup we use in the stock tank (two low pressure pumps in each side.)
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Sorry. I'm talking out my ass. Too much time interneting. You are right and I'm wrong, and dumb for trying to sound knowledgeable. Apologies, all.
                            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                              Sorry. I'm talking out my ass. Too much time interneting. You are right and I'm wrong, and dumb for trying to sound knowledgeable. Apologies, all.
                              HA, no worries man!

It's just interesting to hear what many people think goes on. It's not nearly as cool as many think at times.

That's not to say there is some bada$$ PRO3 cars on the track (think CAE shifters..etc.) But a large percentage of the field are cars that are not far off from your average 325i running around. That's what has made the series so popular, the cost of entry can be lower than many other series..

Not to mention - BMW built a great car. In stock form, they are more than capable for track days. Which is why they are so popular.
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                HA, no worries man!

It's just interesting to hear what many people think goes on. It's not nearly as cool as many think at times.

That's not to say there is some bada$$ PRO3 cars on the track (think CAE shifters..etc.) But a large percentage of the field are cars that are not far off from your average 325i running around. That's what has made the series so popular, the cost of entry can be lower than many other series..

Not to mention - BMW built a great car. In stock form, they are more than capable for track days. Which is why they are so popular.
                                I'm spoiled then, all I've seen are cars at KD automotive which all had fuel cells. I just assumed it was the norm.

And assuming, of course, makes me an ass! So there we go.
                                sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Working...
                                X