No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What driveshaft are you using? It doesn't look like the one they have pictured at all. The flex disc comes in a couple of different sizes. Wasn't your car originally a 318? Also, that's not a 24v adapter, it's a stock replacement flex disc (78mm) for the e36/e46 non-M cars.

78mm Flex Disc

24v Swap Disc/Adapter

Side by side with your installation
    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      Id rather have AKG then condor, condor always seems hit or miss.

I'd rather not pay 200$ for a piece of plastic

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
        What driveshaft are you using? It doesn't look like the one they have pictured at all. The flex disc comes in a couple of different sizes. Wasn't your car originally a 318?

My car was originally eta, my trans is from a euro 323, idk Austin supplied the driveshaft says it's an m20 shaft.

Comment

*Edit - wrong here.
          Last edited by ncsubowen; 04-18-2016, 01:43 PM.
          sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
            Either way unless it was an e36/46 halfshaft you have the wrong revshift part in there. The swap disc has clearly elongated sides to be able to fit all of the hardware in there appropriately.

E36 has a different bolt pattern i would not be able to install it if it was the wrong part.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
              E36 has a different bolt pattern i would not be able to install it if it was the wrong part.
              Whoops they have two different 78mm flex discs. My B.
              sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

This is point and case why you should run ZF320 instead of G260/240 IMHO.. Nothing but nightmares.. Nothing worse than constant drivetrain issues, more so when you don't have a lift. Although it seems like the E36 driveshaft is a nightmare to find also.. Pick your poison i guess

Comment

Anybody want to help me weld my mufflers on? I don't have a the means to do it and I'm sick of exhaust shops raping me
                  I have a welder but no lift..

You are welcome to drop by some time and we can see if we can ghetto-fab your exhaust in to quiet territory..

Just probably not this weekend. If the weather doesn't turn to garbage, I'll be up racing.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Id rather pay $200 for "a piece of plastic" that will work the first time and last forever then pay $100 for ones that have a higher chance of being garbage.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Many people have ran the 24v/G260 combo without issues. I chalk this up to operator error.

24v/G260 user here with almost 40k and no drivetrain issues. Of course I also bought "overpriced" pieces of plastic to hold my motor (AKG)
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        I have a welder but no lift..

You are welcome to drop by some time and we can see if we can ghetto-fab your exhaust in to quiet territory..

Just probably not this weekend. If the weather doesn't turn to garbage, I'll be up racing.

That would be great, I don't mind not having a lift the exhaust is currently off of the car so I can weld up the mufflers and then bolt it up. I would do it myself but I live in an apartment and my welder is just collecting dust in storage.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Many people have ran the 24v/G260 combo without issues. I chalk this up to operator error.

24v/G260 user here with almost 40k and no drivetrain issues. Of course I also bought "overpriced" pieces of plastic to hold my motor (AKG)
                          Exactly, almost everyone runs it without issue.. minus the super common noisy syncros

Comment

That would be great, I don't mind not having a lift the exhaust is currently off of the car so I can weld up the mufflers and then bolt it up. I would do it myself but I live in an apartment and my welder is just collecting dust in storage.
                            Well, heck, if it's already off, even easier!

Bring it by with some beer, and we'll get it sorted out..

:)
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              Well, heck, if it's already off, even easier!

Bring it by with some beer, and we'll get it sorted out..

:)

Sounds good text me whenever time works for you

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I too am an S52/G260/S3.73 guy. A bullet proof way to know a drivetrain will work together is to source it all from the same car.

if you want a G260, snag that driveshaft with it (from that same car). Simple. No headaches as you know it'll work as it came from an origianl M20 car.
                                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
                                X