No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss my m50 nonvanos :( haha great engines, SO reliable! I think they were perfect for the cars they came in. almost as good as the m42 :P

my clutch hydraulics shit out on me earlier this week, had to fix that in the rain yesterday... glad I got it done before this storm... I used the opportunity to install my blunttech SS line Ive had forever too LOL. clutch pedal is nice and stiff now! the pedal is perfectly bled, I am just curious if anybody else's car has play in the pedal that does not feel like air in the system? the pedal is just sort of wiggly, nothing out of ordinary - I figured they wear out with age

stay safe in this weather :yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      I miss my m50 nonvanos :( haha great engines, SO reliable! I think they were perfect for the cars they came in. almost as good as the m42 :P

I've had m10's that were more reliable. It's not just the motor that's the issue, the issue is its in an e30. My blower motor is on the fritz.....I can't access that, my skid plate is about 1.5" from the ground and my cars not crazy low. The worse thing is how terrible those motors sound, you just can't get that m20 noise from a 24v. I don't enjoy pushing the gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
        Cutting out my rusty battery tray this weekend. Anyone here replace one before?

Is it rusted all the way through? If not, take a wire wheel to the worst of it and see if there is still good metal. If so, just wire wheel it as much as you can and POR15 it.

With where that is, I'd try to avoid cutting and patching it as much as possible. At least that would be my approach.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Anyone used the garagistic m20 Windage guard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
            that m20 noise.
            I finally understand the m20 noise, it's a beautiful noise. I'm pretty sure my new vert is slower than my 318iS but the noise it makes it glorious.
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
              I finally understand the m20 noise, it's a beautiful noise. I'm pretty sure my new vert is slower than my 318iS but the noise it makes it glorious.
              You got a 770 car now eh? Spill the beans.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Yup picked it up off Brad, initial plans are respray and clean up, nardi steering wheel, shifter work, and some sort of suspension. That's all the plans for now.
                -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Does Brad even register cars in his name? Lol Seems like it would be a total waste of money
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^ hahahaha who knows

I just snagged a white leather momo monte carlo off ebay for $60. coming in this week! alot more cost effective than a rewrap lol - my old monte carlo was trashed.

anybody interested in a 9.5/10 set of style 4s? all caps are perfect even includes the factory hubcap removal tool! Asking $400 since only one wheel has curb rash and it is very minimal. NO BENDS + FACTORY FORGED 16x8 et20 5x120

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      Is it rusted all the way through? If not, take a wire wheel to the worst of it and see if there is still good metal. If so, just wire wheel it as much as you can and POR15 it.

With where that is, I'd try to avoid cutting and patching it as much as possible. At least that would be my approach.

It was rusted through unfortunately. :/

This was the only spot of rust on the entire car, so I wanted to cut it out all the cancer.

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

my clutch hydraulics shit out on me earlier this week, had to fix that in the rain yesterday... glad I got it done before this storm... I used the opportunity to install my blunttech SS line Ive had forever too LOL. clutch pedal is nice and stiff now! the pedal is perfectly bled, I am just curious if anybody else's car has play in the pedal that does not feel like air in the system? the pedal is just sort of wiggly, nothing out of ordinary - I figured they wear out with age

stay safe in this weather :yawn:
                        probably clutch pedal bushings are toast

i need to replace mine

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                          Yup picked it up off Brad, initial plans are respray and clean up, nardi steering wheel, shifter work, and some sort of suspension. That's all the plans for now.
                          I knew he wouldn't keep it Going on a year and a half with mine. Drove it every day for almost a year. Never again...
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

yup my pedal is squeaky sometimes too. Gonna be replacing those bushings soon I guess... I imagine it being really easy. Maybe Ill make a diy... haha have not made one of those in years.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Does Brad even register cars in his name? Lol Seems like it would be a total waste of money
                              No he didn't this one! I have a title and 3 bill of sales Hahahahaha
                              Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              I knew he wouldn't keep it Going on a year and a half with mine. Drove it every day for almost a year. Never again...
                              This won't be a rainy day daily for me, thinking once it's cleaned up I'll have the M3 for rainy days and drive the vert on sunny days. I love convertibles, and almost bought a convertible before I settled on the m3
                              -Christian

Comment

Christian, you have the white mtech 2 vert now? Sick!!
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X