Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
    faster than an eta, good trollin right here
    Honestly, after having three m20 cars my m42 feels a lot faster. It is faster than my buddies 325is, however his car has trash suspension
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

M42: sound and fury, signifying very little actual speed...

...he says, owning 2...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

...he says, owning 2...

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          thats the thing with the m42, feels way faster than some m20
          its all that super advanced technologies!

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post

...he says, owning 2...

t
            Highly accurate. Putting 3.73 gears in mine certainly took out what little pep that motor had.

Comment

I saw that one and would be all over it but the components are for an OBD2 setup :/

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              I had a well built mk2 2.9l VR6. It was bored out, Shrick cams, head work done. I was aiming for 200whp and it put down ~180whp. I was disappointed but it was still damn fast.

My current build was very similar, same goal: 200whp and it put down 225. I'm guessing your E30 is a lot heavier than the gti and that's what makes it feel that way. Also which trans are you running with the vr6? The Corrado unit or Mk3 stuff
              The 330is is much much heavier than the GTI. Probably 800 lbs or so. I'm pretty sure it's running the MK3 trans. I never understood why people liked VWs or whatever. The FWD thing always turned me off, but I have always loved the look of the MK2 and MK3 chassis.

My friend, a huge VW nut, had my GTI for a while and it was just sitting out in his field. I made a super lowball offer and to my surprise he accepted. It was a price I was cool with paying if I decided I hated the car and wanted to off it really fast. It needed a few things to make the drive home, but we got that all sorted. I've been driving it all week and it's honestly been one of the most fun cars I've ever driven. I've really only ever driven e30s since I got my license, so it's kinda neat to have something different that's also very fun to jump in and drive as I please.

Oh and this car also has a Quaife... :)

Don't even care to get into the M42 discussion. I think we've beaten and killed this horse a thousand times over at this point. Toes is going to do what he's going to do; whatever that ends up being, I really couldn't give a fuck.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                Quaife LSD makes a huge difference! Had one in my c900, loved it.

Don't even care to get into the M42 discussion. I think we've beaten and killed this horse a thousand times over at this point. Toes is going to do what he's going to do; whatever that ends up being, I really couldn't give a fuck.
                Yeah, seriously guys. Who cares which one is the second-best motor E30s came with :D
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Comment

Had a girlfriend that Quaifed once and I ditched her on the spot.
                    sigpic
                    Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
                      Had a girlfriend that Quaifed once and I ditched her on the spot.

Don't they all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                        Don't they all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Hahahahahaha

Comment

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

..It was starting to get a little boring 'round here. Can always count on him to stir the pot.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I dragged a 330i home the other week- that sumbitch weighs #3500! Empty! Shit!
                              No wonder they had to put such a stout engine in it- it's got all that lard to lug around.

Now, in a nice #2500 E30, that might wake up nicely....

heh

t

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                                I dragged a 330i home the other week- that sumbitch weighs #3500! Empty! Shit!
                                No wonder they had to put such a stout engine in it- it's got all that lard to lug around.

Now, in a nice #2500 E30, that might wake up nicely....

heh

t
                                Nice score! What's the major difference between the M52B28 and the M54B30?

Is it a larger bore or just a longer stroke? 40hp seems like a large gap between the two..

Comment

Working...
                                X