No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For starters, you will carry a lot of vibration through the trans mounts, which is why a lot of folks with street cars will run HD rubber trans mounts. Additionally, you have rubber bushings all throughout the chassis still, I'm assuming...a lot of vibration gets transferred through that.

I run all poly on my silver 330is, except for the trans mounts. It is very tolerable...dare I say daily drivable?!
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
      That's a modern safer car

I have a couple tickets but I've paid 900 a month for liability on an 88 civic hatchback, 100/month for my coupe isn't bad, I found a couple places that will insure the sedan for around 100 idk what the hell progressive is thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its more modern, but not much safer, you dont have abs im assuming? Or an airbag, under 28 years old? And a beard.

Those all play a factor

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

My '87 was $95/mo. full coverage, but just got notice that it is going up to $130 next month for no reason... Which is always nice. I'm sure it will be "because the people in your area have been found to be incompetent drivers and so that we remain profitable you must pay for their incompetence".

Comment

Originally posted by austin! View Post
          1. Fuck progressive
          this.
          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Question for the group - my SI lights stay on after the car starts. They stay on until the engine runs up to 2500-3000, then they turn off (and I lose all tach function).

Is this the sign of a bad SI board? I just pulled the board and it looks ok (replaced with a refurb a few years back) and the batteries appear to be in good shape.
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
              Question for the group - my SI lights stay on after the car starts. They stay on until the engine runs up to 2500-3000, then they turn off (and I lose all tach function).

Is this the sign of a bad SI board? I just pulled the board and it looks ok (replaced with a refurb a few years back) and the batteries appear to be in good shape.

2nd box

And if you need a new board, contact e30_dad on Instagram, Diego is a friend of mine, and say Matt sent you. He destroys the competition

Comment

Exchange SI board for clock/tachometer or economy control
                Ha! So they admit that really, anything would be preferable to the SI board...

heh

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Yay! Took the car in for an alignment today and that should be the last of it. Full front suspension, new exhaust, new vacuum system and a bunch of other new little bits are all finished. Fuckin finally.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                  sigpic
                  Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Now update that sig ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
                      Yay! Took the car in for an alignment today and that should be the last of it. Full front suspension, new exhaust, new vacuum system and a bunch of other new little bits are all finished. Fuckin finally.

So it isn't going to sound like it has a giant cam now? That sucks. Glad you got her all sorted now.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Nope. It's not nearly as lumpy sounding but it is fuckin loud as shit. I'm happy with it for now. Next year I will attempt a manual swap and late rear valance but it's just little crap to take care of from here out.
                        And as soon as I get some decent pics this summer, I'll get my sig updated.
                        Maybe I can get some good rolling shots on the way up to the picnic...

sigpic
                        Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

You're gonna lose some HPs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                            I've read that too, but it's 80a, not 90a or 95a or even derlin, in fact it's kinda soft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fuck poly trans mounts, the motor mounts aren't bad but most of that vibration comes from the trans, I used e21 mounts with akg cups it's much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It was nice this weekend, but there was still some ise left in Bremerton.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

I got pulled over Friday.

For going 60 in a 70, in the middle lane, but it was a construction zone, so the speed was lowered per the signs to 60. The cop comes to window says why are you impeding traffic, i said its 60 through here, due to construction. He says "the construction is on the other side tonight.

Lol, i said in a construction zone, its both sides of roads, between the marked and or posted areas. He says ok well uhmm "your exhibiting the characteristics of a drunk driver going slower then needed." I said its 60, I'm going 60. I said drunk drivers don't drive in straight lines, and obey the laws 100% while driving. He asked for my ID, i said i have done nothing wrong, and unless you suspect i have committed some other crime, you may not see it. I said am i free to go, he said "yea you can go ahead and leave."

Meanwhile i saw many people going 80-90 in the 60 zone...

RCW 46.61.021 Duty to obey law enforcement officer--Authority of officer.

(3) Any person requested to identify himself or herself to a law enforcement officer pursuant to an investigation of a traffic infraction has a duty to identify himself or herself, give his or her current address, and sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the notice of infraction. . .

No infraction, no ID

Comment

Working...
                                X