PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
    Anyone know of an insulation type material to go above the midpipes or around the exhaust to cancel out noise?

Little background info: I've owned some noisey cars and I've owned some quiet cars. I enjoy quiet cars much more. Something about no dash creaks, drone, clicks and clacks makes me much more at ease when I'm driving. Today was the first day of driving on my new tires plus I had some interior pieces out of my car and it's pretty quiet in the cabin except for the exhaust. My exhaust is the stock setup but I assume all the oem sound deading in the trans tunnel has fallen out. I hear a lot of noise from the mid pipes when cruising, it's definitely not an exhaust leak sound but more of a rumble sound.

Is there anything I can wrap around the mid pipes to keep the noise down a little?
    Header wrap, or a high temp dynomat type stuff. The header wrap honestly probably doesn't do anything for sound deadening, but it MIGHT take some frequency out of the exhaust and that could appear to your brain as more quiet.

Here is some sound deadener that's good to 800*, I'd email them to see how it would do taped up to the exhaust. It comes in strips which would be tits for you. http://store.secondskinaudio.com/the...6-1-5-sq-feet/

Comment

I was kinda thinking enough header wrap around the mid pipes could mute a lot of the rumble, maybe. That stuff looks good too, I may have to pick some up.

I drove over freshly paved roads today and my cabin is pretty silent when I'm out of the gas pedal. It almost makes my stock stereo sound pretty good.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Has anyone used Autozone's Duralast rebuilt brake boosters? Do they hold up?
        '90 325is + S52

sigpic

Comment

M60 Swap Carnage from a month or so ago. Just got around to swapping it out yesterday. Pwn3d.....
          Attached Files
          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Daaaaaaamn Gina!
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Ugh so my exhaust is cracked clean through right before the muffler.
              Hank Ahrens
              1984 Alpine Coupe
              1978 911sc

Comment

I fucking love this car. Best decision I've made in a very long time.
                Attached Files
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

congrats bro

Comment

Clown shoes are tight
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                      Clown shoes are tight
                      yeah they are
                      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I've been purposely driving it everywhere I can for any reason possible. If I didn't like my Range Rover to daily drive as well as I do, I would totally daily the coupe.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Took the Dumpster fire to a local car show today. It was funny, I had the newest car there, and I was parked between a '74 AMC Matador, and a 1935 Packard.

Most people ignored it, even with the hood up and M60 it all it's glory.....Until I started it. lol
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

How long have you lived in that Toyota? You must have been eating lots of top ramen to afford that blue beast

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                              How long have you lived in that Toyota? You must have been eating lots of top ramen to afford that blue beast

lol..
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Your telling me, toyotas are expensive af.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X