PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
    Ha, as a former 911 elitist, I used to feel the same way. I've seen them set TTOD at autocross (nerd racing), and have personally had fits trying to catch them in WTW vintage racing. They are low, wide, deceptively light, and inherently well-balanced. Potential giant-killers. I don't mind the VW contribution to the effort, except for being chronically underpowered. If I had F.U. money, I'd build one up with a 3.8 Varioram, and abuse it the way I do this BMW.

Which happens to be fun-as-shit! This 2.7 SETA with the Schrick 284 is a blast. Can't wait to give it more compression with the shaved Myster-E (?!) head that's waiting in the wings.
    I have no dog in the fight, as I don't and probably will never own one. Neat cars, but not for me. I have an uncle, who has three 911s rotting away in his back yard. If it weren't for the ridiculous markup on the cars and parts, maybe I would consider buying one.

I guess I'll just have to deal with my overpriced turbo family sedan in the meantime.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

To completely change the subject - I saw that RADWood is possibly doing a show in Seattle next season..

Any one been to one of these?

I'm trying to convince a buddy who bought a very interesting looking Camaro a few weeks ago to get it finished in time to go..
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

914s are awesome and if it wasn’t political they would’ve done better. I still want to own one and do some fun stuff with it. The community is awesome and they don’t have any problems being the black sheep of the Porsche community
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          I have no dog in the fight, as I don't and probably will never own one. Neat cars, but not for me. I have an uncle, who has three 911s rotting away in his back yard. If it weren't for the ridiculous markup on the cars and parts, maybe I would consider buying one.

I guess I'll just have to deal with my overpriced turbo family sedan in the meantime.
          New math tells me that 3 bad 911s equals 1 good 911. Wait a year or so for the economy to fully crash. Then it'll be prime time to move the chess pieces.
          '91 325i

Comment

I like black sheep therefore I think the 914 is sweet.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all get to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                Pacific Northwest does NOT, EMPHATICALLY, include California.

Party foul!
                OOP! No, I just assumed you big city boys (and girls) had to go thru emissions inspections like CA.

As a former Seattlite, I understand the great sensitivity involved here!

Anyway...here in the vast rural sticks of MT, I'm not sure it has to have lights or fenders on it to drive on the highway, much less emissions, much less inspections. That would mean the commies are infringing on mah freedums!!....or something...

Comment

Having gone to school with some Montana boys in Arizona - I think fenders were optional (having rusted off most of their cars!)

Meanwhile - it's so nice to not be tripping over E-scooters again. At least, for the time being.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Sold my 318is yesterday.

Looking forward to getting the 84 alpine shell I have running. Hoping I can trade a 24v swap for an m20b25 and all related wiring/ecu. I'll be running a pedal box amd no power steering for now, so that'll be easy to take care of.
                    The 24v swap consists of an m52, 260g, revshift mounts, billet trans brace/adapters e34oil pan, pickup, dipstick, sap delete plates for the m52 exhaust manifold, 413 red label ecu, other stuff I'm sure. Comes with loads of fresh bits. Comes with an m50 intake mani and raceskids skins plate. It will still need a throttle body and some other misc stuff. Motor was last ran ~ 4 years ago before it was completely refreshed and put into this shell. New timing components as well.

Looking for a decent running m20, if anyone is interested.
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Hank, is this your old car? If so, the new owner contacted me off my "WTB E30s" ad. Didn't last long, if that's the case.
                      Attached Files
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                        Sold my 318is yesterday.

Damn that was unexpected. But nice man!
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

^yup, that would be it! I've been emailing back and forth with the new owner and he seems to want something a bit more stock, which is understandable.

Pretty sure I'm gonna buy the coils back off him at the very least.

It was unexpected, I decided I wanted to focus on my 84 coupe, and it's a total mess lol. I still haven't graduated and I really do have too many projects.
                          Hank Ahrens
                          1984 Alpine Coupe
                          1978 911sc

Comment

Also peep what's sitting behind the 318is in that pic ;)
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                              Also peep what's sitting behind the 318is in that pic ;)
                              That's Roman's car right? Or did you do another thing?
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                                That's Roman's car right? Or did you do another thing?
                                Hank's roommate bought Roman's death trap, I really really really want a ride in it but I also don't want to die
                                sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Working...
                                X