....and not even a "make offer" button

NASA
    BMWCCA member
    PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
    1997 M3 sedan
    2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

After sitting in a crate for 40years it surely needs to be taken apart, inspected for termites and re gasketed. I suspect you could build one for much less and at that price you'd think he would provide more pics and a back story
    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

NEW BMW 2002 TURBO CRATE ENGINE, NEW ENGINES DO NOT COMES WITH THE TURBO, THESE ARE SHORT BLOCK ENGINES. LAST ONE IN THE WORLD.
      This guy is a rube

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

LOL what a joke

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Also....the most descriptive and honest sounding ad......ever!
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

plethora of pictures, to boot...

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

His name looks like crazy.

cmuzyy

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

3 blurry pics, a dirty paper tag, for 28,000

deal

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

His other listing lmfaooooo

Hank Ahrens
                  1984 Alpine Coupe
                  1978 911sc

Comment

Hm, right around the corner from me. Wonder what shop he's at.

Comment

It's been up there off and on for a couple years now.
                      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

I don't get it. The kind of people who pay big bucks for old, original cars pay that money because everything is original, numbers matching, etc. Why would they pay nearly $30k for an engine because it's NOS? That does not make it original. Heck, the part number description says remanufactured, so it isn't even NOS it's just an old rebuilt engine.

Imagine you're a collector with an all original numbers matching 2002 Turbo and it has some sort of engine failure, you aren't going to spend $30k swapping for a 40 year old rebuilt M10 - you're going to pay a specialty shop to rebuild your original engine with OE parts. I know a few people who are into the all original numbers matching collector stuff, though it's American not German, I'm going to ask them what they think.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

lol

this has to be some sort of joke.
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            I don't get it. The kind of people who pay big bucks for old, original cars pay that money because everything is original, numbers matching, etc. Why would they pay nearly $30k for an engine because it's NOS? That does not make it original. Heck, the part number description says remanufactured, so it isn't even NOS it's just an old rebuilt engine.

Imagine you're a collector with an all original numbers matching 2002 Turbo and it has some sort of engine failure, you aren't going to spend $30k swapping for a 40 year old rebuilt M10 - you're going to pay a specialty shop to rebuild your original engine with OE parts. I know a few people who are into the all original numbers matching collector stuff, though it's American not German, I'm going to ask them what they think.
                            this is probably absolutely true times 1000%

oh, by the way....in addition to all those "nos" 2002 parts, he is also selling this little nugget:

lol.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

It's one of those things that don't come up often and it's factory remanufactured which a lot of people would pay top dollar for. What is top dollar for this engine? depends on the 2002 enthusiast and how bad he/she wants it. Would it ever get used? probably not. It might go into someone's parts cache as a holy grail item to be on display/stored for the rest of it's life. Whenever something like this comes up and people laugh at the price, I'm reminded of this story...

While reading a story on this site about rare video games, Tanner Sandlin of Austin, Texas, recognized one of the games -- Air Raid for the Atari 2600. He found the thirteenth known copy of the game in his garage and put it on eBay.

Old vintage items are nostalgic for many people later in life and enthusiasts with the means will pay crazy sums of money for it, like the M3. All of a sudden, $28k doesn't sound too bad for a factory reman 2002 Turbo crate engine. You see some crazy valuable stuff on Pawn Stars too.
                              Last edited by reelizmpro; 10-30-2017, 08:12 PM.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                              X