No announcement yet.

'70 2002 widebody & M10 turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 months later and more MIAs... but perseverance will pay off!...

He has found a competent shop that’s a LOT closer so he has dropped it off, hopefully for the last time

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Bowling & Grippo mean??
      Last I checked, MS claims "open source" meaning anyone is allowed to copy, build, improve, modify and add to the project as long as you give attribution. That's what open source means.

But that's not really true. Bowling & Grippo is a buddy of the guys that design MS, and they are the only one allowed to make/sell the hardware, and they will put a hammer on you if even try. It's a bit of a scam IMHO. Not to say MS is bad on it's own, just very misleading and underhanded. Just my 2 cents.
      Last edited by george graves; 09-21-2018, 04:16 AM.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Cool car. Looks like it will be fast.

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        Those are some beefy relays. Tycos at 12v and 40A will happily switch on or off anything. I don't seen flyback diodes on that board - it really should have them, no excuse for not having a 10 cent part on there. (It's keeps the relay coils from inducing a reverse voltage/current when they are deactivated and the magnetic field of the coil collapses- messing up other electrical stuff)

Edit I see it's Bowling and Grippo. No wonder.
        Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
        I was suspecting those relays had diodes built in, but a quick look at the datasheet shows nothing about an internal flyback. You could probably solder on some 1n4004 or something on the bottom to the relay terminals.
        Just for reference: According to the schematics for both the relay board an MS V3 board, the circuits switching the relays on the board (referred to as IDL and FP1 on the schematics) have flyback diodes implemented on the MS board.
        https://www.diyautotune.com/wp-conte...Schematics.pdf (page 5 - see D8 and D4)
        http://www.bgsoflex.com/mspower/mspower_ShemV1.2.pdf (page 2)
        Last edited by varg; 09-21-2018, 07:48 AM.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Gotta get this one going!!
          http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            Cool car. Looks like it will be fast.
            It should be pretty damn quick. If it gets remotely near 200whp it will likely scare the crap out of the owner... I am hoping he can get 2 settings, like a 7-10psi "low boost" and then a "lets hope it doesnt blow" 20psi setting

Originally posted by tschultz View Post
            Gotta get this one going!!
            yea.... hopefully the current shop will be able to wrap it up. The megasquirt is why we've been at this "90%" completed state for a while now
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

well... I reached out to my cousin to see how it was going and the new shop wants to take 3 steps back before moving forward with the megasquirt and he has basically lost interest. Im trying to keep him motivated and tell the shop to focus on the megasquirt ONLY because this is exactly what happened with the last shop and after $$$$ being spent he was still left with a non-runner....

anyone in NorCal able to help with the megasquirt, it would be really appreciated otherwise he might be selling this soon :(
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

booo :(
                cars beep boop

Comment

I love the body work!!!!
                  Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Edit: also wanted to show how the 02again crank trigger was modified to work with this wheel we had.

Is that bracket on upside down by chance? Looked like it was way back on like page 2. Just an idea..

Comment

Can't believe I missed this. amazing work. Sorry it's been such a headache. I can relate. Good luck!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Price: $30000 Location: Turlock, CA Description: I was hoping to prevent this from happening but after getting tossed around by shops and dumping more and more money into this car, my cousin has decided its time to let it go. The asking price is big and not a typo. He has a lot more than that int...

Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Bummer to see loss of interest due to shops not pulling through.. Its hard to find most anybody to do most anything..

I always tell locals install what has local support. If only thing one can tune in a 200 mile radius is MOTEC, chunk up the coin or start traveling.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Yea, thats where the first set of setbacks happened. A shop in Fremont (~100 miles) was supposed to be the closest megasquirt tuner, but they sold him $5000 worth of turbo upgrades (which look nice TBH) and then told him they didnt want to deal with the megasquirt... ummm it already had a good turbo setup and you wasted time and a nice chunk of money... BS
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

car starts and he is selling because he cant tune an open source software like megasquirt?
                              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                                car starts and he is selling because he cant tune an open source software like megasquirt?
                                He's not tech savvy in anyway... Dudes in his 50s
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X