Heres the carfax that I got from the seller:
    Attached Files
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by TiMPower View Post
      Hi, I am putting up for sale my 1989 E30 M3.
      I purchased this car around 2 years ago from Texas (i flew there and drove it back). This was my dream car since i was 9 years old and initially i decided that i was never going to sell this car until the day i died and use it as my coffin. However, as i got older, i have decided this car was just too much for me and my lifestyle and due to my current financial situation, i have made up my decision to sell it. I am not in a rush to sell the car.
      The car is a clean title and has quite a lot of mileage, however, it underwent an engine swap from the original s14 to the newer s52 from an e36 m3 by a previous owner(the engine cover is not from the original engine). The engine is also rebuilt and has custom manifolds and a mass air intake. The mileage on the body is around 180k and the mileage on the engine is around 12,000. During the 2 years i have owned this car, there has never been any mechanical issues. It also got repainted 3 months ago to BMW A32 Sepang Bronze Metallic. It is a very uncommon color but it looks quite amazing, especially in person. The body and frame is straight, although there are a few minor imperfections. Most of the modifications were done by the previous owner. There were 3 owners total. All i really did was paint it. Located in the orange county/LA area. Price: $24,000

- Ground Control coilovers all around
      - Working ac/heat
      - Racing Dynamics Wheels with Dunlop Direzza tires with 60% tread
      - Recaro SRDs
      - Short shifter with ZHP knob
      - Full polyurethane bushings
      - no rear seat, but if you want one, i can acquire one and install it.
      - car runs and pulls strong
      - UNCRACKED DASH!!

pics of the car

any questions, ask here or pm. serious buyers only plz.
      I stopped all communications with seller when it became obvious that one important statement didnt match the included carfax
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Dang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it was totaled when it was only seven years old, I would imagine it was quite a bit of damage.

Comment

How does it have a clean title?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

1989 BMW M3  Quick Overview: Bought the car as rolling shell a couple of years back as it was previously S54 swapped and running condition.  Decided to do the S52 swap as locating a S14 was getting ha

I believe this is the last sellers link. Pre paint.
              Last edited by hexe30; 09-25-2017, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hexe30 View Post
                http://classicvehicleslist.com/bmw/3...89-bmw-m3.html

I believe this is the last sellers link. Pre paint.
                If true, that would mean the title has been washed. Not good. Sounds like OP had nothing to do with it though.

Comment

How does a title get "washed"? Somehow the car is registered in another state?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I'd still buy it, but not at that asking price. I don't think the seller is a bad guy. Salvage s14 e30 m3 go for 30-35k without amazing repairs

Comment

Interesting additional information. Thank you to those who posted.
                      sigpic
                      Member of the "Push Harder, Suck Less," School of Auto-X

Comment

Here's an autocheck so ya'll don't have to click pictures. 7 owners, salvage title.

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

I'd still buy it, but not at that asking price. I don't think the seller is a bad guy. Salvage s14 e30 m3 go for 30-35k without amazing repairs

Comment

Unbelieveable

Plenty of people driving salvage cars but to not disclose from the get go is a new low. Transparency is key on any sale. This makes anything on this sale suspect. The car is still worth money for the panels and parts but this truly changes the dynamics of the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                              If it was totaled when it was only seven years old, I would imagine it was quite a bit of damage.

Yea this is important. After about 10 years insurance companies would total loss these cars for a fender bender.

It's also important if the repairs were documented , and repairs done properly .

Comment

What is also odd is first title comes from Auto Auction that's odd as well?
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X