Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITBs on M50B25 - NEED HELP

Hello everyone!
    I'm currently building my M50B25NV with ITBs from an E36 M3. The ITB adapter and the E36 M3 ITBs have both placement for O rings. How I am supposed to apply proper sealing? Using O rings on both sides? Am I missing something? Any insight would be appreciated.
    Cheers​.

Build consists of :

• E36 M3 ITBs with velocity stacks
    • Regrinded cams
    • Supersprint headers replica
    • ECU MASTER classic standalone
    • Turbosmart fpr

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230819_144204.jpg Views:	168 Size:	236.4 KB ID:	10105074
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230819_141146.jpg Views:	167 Size:	221.5 KB ID:	10105081
    Last edited by Sligmaaaa; 12-11-2023, 11:08 AM.

What company did you purchase the CNC'd part that mounts to the cylinder head? From the looks of your photo I see the gasket valleys are different. The cnc'd adapter has a more of a point where the TB linkage side looks like it would not mate up properly. Are both parts from the same supplier?
    You may need to find a thicker o-ring or fill in one side to get this to work correctly.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

The adapter part was bought from PMC Motorsport. Many other sell the same part.
      Gasket valeys are same, the photo might be distorting it.
      I see. Using on both sides a O ring won't work right?

Comment

looks like the gasket is supposed to mate to the flat part of the itb's with the valley on the itb's to the outside of the gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by Sligmaaaa View Post
          The adapter part was bought from PMC Motorsport. Many other sell the same part.
          Gasket valeys are same, the photo might be distorting it.
          I see. Using on both sides a O ring won't work right?
          Its worth a shot I suppose. You could install two o rings in each valley and check for leaks with brake cleaner with the engine idling. Not sure if you have gotten that far with ITB setup but it may seal up.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

rtv...... it looks like the adapter shouldn't have the groove not sure the logic of the design as it looks flawed

or jB weld the adapter groove and linish flat

or get a metal shim made up from 10g and use 2 orings per hole
            Last edited by digger; 10-05-2023, 01:39 PM.
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies.
              any other suggestions would be appreciated ✌

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

or get a metal shim made up from 10g and use 2 orings per hole
                seems like a good suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
                  seems like a good suggestion
                  Agreed.
                  This is how I mated the M52 throttle body to an M50 manifold. Both have o-ring grooves in a similar fashion to your intake runners.

Comment

Update !
                    Itb plate was just mated with O - rings on both sides. No air leaks, itbs where calibrated as well.
                    Car Made 227 HP / 6550 RPM and 255 NM / 5900 RPM with hood removed and without filters. With "shock filters" car made less than stock power..
                    As amazing as velocity stacks sound, the heat soak is not worth the hustle. Have seen 70* IAT celsius stuck in Traffic.
                    Currently limiter is at 7000 rpm, tuner does not want to rev it more.
                    Saving up for a Carbon Plenum, possibly titanium springs and retainers to rev it higher!
                    Thanks everyone for their replies :)
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	384553768_259981200100480_1037826551466259855_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	207.1 KB ID:	10110361 Click image for larger version  Name:	385514956_6853508044743509_6095313341976482695_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.7 KB ID:	10110362
                    Last edited by Sligmaaaa; 12-11-2023, 11:10 AM.

Comment

e36 M3 itb are like 50 mm so can probably support 450 bhp and you are half that so they are too big and too short for the rpm you are pulling. if you can add another 2-3" trumpets it will drive nicer and also a plenum and filter to allow the engine to ingest cooler air it will maximise what you have. You dont need titanium anything
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Gonna install a proper plenum before summer for sure! Generally very happy with the car, I was just hoping for slightly better numbers

Comment

They'll improve as you add other flow improvements-

higher rpm, head work, exhaust system work, cams, etc.

And yes, you have to leave the trumpets in 'free air' to allow them to work as designed.
                          It makes getting an intake filter a pain in the butt.

t
                          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Not bad numbers out of a 2.5.

What are the rest of the specs?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

• Regrinded Cams
                              • Supersprint replica headers paired to dual 55mm exhaust
                              • ECU Master Classic
                              • FPR turbosmart (4bar)
                              • E36 M3 injectors
                              • E36 M3 ITB setup
                              Also Head was rebuilt like a year ago. Tuner says we could see around 240 with a proper airbox and some extra rpms

Comment

Working...
                              X