Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Looks like just a plain old m50.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
        Looks like just a plain old m50.
        yup
        Originally posted by 325Projectz
        don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
        :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
          Looks like just a plain old m50TU.
          Fixed.

Comment

I was looking at buying an M50 and the sellers told me that they had all the parts necessary for the OBDI conversion it needs but it's not installed.

Need to do more research. Thanks for the posts.
            r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Ok, you guys that are using the E34 throttle cable, give me some insight here. Engine is in the car, as well as the E34 throttle cable. Everything seems fine, it's just that the overall length of the cable seems long. Does the extra length just kind of swoop down and out of the way? Obviously as long as the linkage is hooked up, it doesn't really matter how long it is, it's just not a straight shot from the firewall to the throttle linkage.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                Ok, you guys that are using the E34 throttle cable, give me some insight here. Engine is in the car, as well as the E34 throttle cable. Everything seems fine, it's just that the overall length of the cable seems long. Does the extra length just kind of swoop down and out of the way? Obviously as long as the linkage is hooked up, it doesn't really matter how long it is, it's just not a straight shot from the firewall to the throttle linkage.
                I'm sure there is a proper way to put the slack, but honestly I just routed mine straight as possible and hidden.

Comment

Yeah, mine comes out the firewall and swoops down near the ABS hardlines, and then back up to the throttle linkage. I was just curious if other people have seen the same thing with the E34 cable.

Comment

Yeah, mine comes out the firewall and swoops down near the ABS hardlines, and then back up to the throttle linkage. I was just curious if other people have seen the same thing with the E34 cable.
                    Yes, same here. I'm using an e34 engine so I have a different linkage setup, and mine has to "swoop" up by the booster and stuff, back down to the linkage.
                    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                    e30 restoration and V8 swap
                    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

funny. my e34 cable does not fit at the linkage
                      '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                        funny. my e34 cable does not fit at the linkage
                        I though of you when I read the post's above. I won't have my motor in until this weekend, but I'll update whether or not mine was too long or too short.

If I had to chose though, I prefer the the first :p
                        Originally posted by blunttech
                        Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

I have an S50, and I used an E34 throttle cable. It's tucked down by the booster and clutch master.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
                          2008 VW Rabbit
                          1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

BMWFans.info is 1000x better than RealOEM. MUCH better, clearer pictures, much easier to navigate, and just overall easier to use.
                            Actually, realoem has the pics too now. I prefer to use realoem b/c their servers seem to be faster.

Click "switch to images drill down"
                            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by giantkeeper View Post
                              I though of you when I read the post's above. I won't have my motor in until this weekend, but I'll update whether or not mine was too long or too short.

If I had to chose though, I prefer the the first :p
                              let me know what route you go!!! I may try to get to a local pick and pull later this week and scout about
                              '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

question on S50 swap. I bought S50 engine/zf trans and guy gave me S52 throttle body/intake and S50 manifold. Can they be used and is there any extra performance or benefit?

Comment

Working...
                                X