Another N52 swap attempt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Striker01 View Post
    I don't think the E90 booster will fit with the 3 stage intake, didn't look into that. I have an electric booster.
    I don't think it will either, I believe those who are/have run the E90 booster were running the N54 intake.

So you're running the Tesla iBooster? That's likely my long term plan too, feel free to share anything about that here.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

I don't think it will either, I believe those who are/have run the E90 booster were running the N54 intake.

So you're running the Tesla iBooster? That's likely my long term plan too, feel free to share anything about that here.
      I posted some info here https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...booster/page16.

I haven't worked out the reservoir yet. reservoir supply is on the side pointing towards the driver's fender and brake line outputs point down. I want to use elbows from the master and some short tubing to use the e30 reservoir. You reminded me I need to order a connector kit for power.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0622.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	10118361

I'll make some kind of bracket/shelf for the reservoir to sit on and mount it here.

Name:	IMG_0623.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	10118360

I have an extra extended clevis I can send you, if you decide to go this route. Not sure why they made me two.

Comment

At some point when I switched from N54 to DISA intake I fit the Tesla booster just to prove that it fits.

​​​

Comment

Thanks again adam.nonis​!! Got those cam bolts installed. They are shallow and the exhaust side are super difficult to get a torx on. While I was in there I installed MILVs, that turned into a nightmare. Dropped one of the spring spacer washers under the exhaust cam and down an oil passage. So the oil pan had to come back off, gave me a chance to check crank clearance though, I forgot the first time.

I didn't like the way my original valve cover fit, the two areas on the back of the head between the outside and center bolts were bowed and it didn't even seem like they were pinching the gasket to the head. I was going to run it and change later if it leaked because the BMW ones are so expensive. I found that some companies are offering an aluminum option, not a bunch of reviews but the few I read were positive. Only complaint is the valvetronic bracket. They're cheap enough its worth a shot and I'm pleased, see how it does in the long run.

The gasket appears to be sealed nicely all the way around, great here where my original didn't fit well.

Name:	IMG_0634.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	10118471

The bracket didn't line up with the mounting holes on the edge and center valley, looked like it spread because these bolts were tightened down too much. I loosened these two bolts and tightened them after the cover was torqued down.

Name:	IMG_0635.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	10118469

Made a bracket to secure the dipstick. All the dents are from "massaging" it because I wasn't smart enough to mock up the dipstick placement with the power steering bracket in place.

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	10118472

Attached Files

Comment

That is one spiffy looking valve cover, good call on checking the crank clearance!

Comment

Good looking motor, look at those headers!

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                Good looking motor, look at those headers!
                Thanks!! Lots of work but rewarding to see them on the motor, knowing I modified them. Engine is ready to go in. Time to push it into the corner and start engine bay work. Been procrastinating that job.

Comment

Been traveling a lot lately but found time to get the brake booster connector and harness put together.

Name:	IMG_0668.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	10119435

Name:	IMG_0670.jpg
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	10119433

Unfortunately I broke the connector so I'll try and get another one without having to buy the whole kit.

Name:	IMG_0669.jpg
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	10119434

Comment

Working...
                  X