iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What offset?

17's are going to look like a donk at stock ride height...
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      What offset?

17's are going to look like a donk at stock ride height...
      I think I can't get them +35 with a 7" wide wheel. Not sure what to do for lowering though because I can't seem to find many good threads for ix suspension setups that won't drop the car a lot. I still have to deal with massive curbs on my driveway.
      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

H&R sports is a pretty mild drop really. It's about the same height after as a stock RWD E30.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

H&R sports is a pretty mild drop really. It's about the same height after as a stock RWD E30.
          So just stock shocks and h&r's?

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

No, not with stock shocks. The minimum would be Bilsteins with the bump stops trimmed, better would be Koni SA's.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

No, not with stock shocks. The minimum would be Bilsteins with the bump stops trimmed, better would be Koni SA's.
              Bilstein HD's with HR Sports work?

Sorry for all the questions. Just don't have the money to try and fail :(
              Last edited by ThatM20Guy; 07-05-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Yes. Its recommended to trim the front bump stops for the best ride quality.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yes. Its recommended to trim the front bump stops for the best ride quality.
                  Now if only I could actually find billys for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                    Now if only I could actually find billys for cheap.

$175
                    I'd also buy a set of front axle boots (mainly the inners) if you haven't had them replaced in a while. Both my inner boots tore ~500 miles after I installed the H&R's also cutting the bump stops is important unless you want the front end to ride stiff. I've done 10k on the H&R/Billy setup and I'm just now cutting my bump stops; Rides too rough..
                    Build Thread
                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                    Parts Thread
                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
                      https://www.ebay.com/itm/201602178008

$175
                      I'd also buy a set of front axle boots (mainly the inners) if you haven't had them replaced in a while. Both my inner boots tore ~500 miles after I installed the H&R's also cutting the bump stops is important unless you want the front end to ride stiff. I've done 10k on the H&R/Billy setup and I'm just now cutting my bump stops; Rides too rough..
                      Dang thanks for the link. Will definitely be putting in an offer on those. Not sure of the boot condition. Will definitely be replacing those though if need be.

Comment

I'm a sucker for marketing. What do we think of these K02 tires? Also the minimum size is 215/65-16 Too much for the iX?

I'm looking for a good off road/snow tire. Suggestions welcome.
                        [/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

215/65/16? That's huge. Do you have the suspension jacked up for off roading?
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

they might fit but you'll have to be careful with clearance up front.

I think you'd be better going with a smaller, lighter 15" tire that actually fits though. :p
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

For reference: 1991 325ix, lowered ~1.3" H&R sport/Bilstein HD with 949Racing 6UL 15x8 +36 offset wheels, wearing hankook rs3 in 225/45/15. About 5mm clearance from the front struts.

91 325iX - magnaflow, h&r sports+bilstein hds, chip

Comment

That's great, I always figured those would fit the ix really well but few people have tried them. mine are only 15x7.5 but as they are still basically like new I haven't had any reason to "upgrade".

Looks like there's room for a bit more tire as well.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X