X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Do the SUV's and Xi/X-drive cars use the same pan on the N series engines?

Leave a comment:

• Eskie
    replied
    hAH! Yeah I'm not doing a swap. Maybe some day but not a N55. The oil pan is from a job that we just did. Engine had 59k on it and was totally seized. Had to drop the entire drivetrain because torque converter bolts were impossible to get to without being able to rotate the crank. Had to actually take the bearing caps off.

I am parting it out..I have a bunch of there stuff too. Make me an offer, its just sitting in back waiting for the scrap guy to pay me for it.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I have one. the center of the differential is like 6" too far forward. It also has the differential shifted further towards the drivers side like all BMW AWD systems since the E46 (this is an issue for steering rack clearance).

you could do it but you would have to modify the firewall and transmission tunnel to push the engine back, and you'd also have to use an Xdrive transfercase, transmission, and ABS system.

Probably a lot easier to just turbo the M20..

BTW, if you're parting that out I could use the oil level sensor :p

Leave a comment:

• Eskie
    replied
    anyone interested in any measurements on this oil pan?

12 X5 N55B30

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    Ohh that looks really nice.

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Buy this :)
    $4-5000

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I'm going to do mine soon. Both of my sets are worn out - actually I raised up my ix a little bit, and it made it worse lol. I haven't driven it lately because I don't want one of the joints to explode..

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    So much did it cost?
    I asked them how much they charge and this is their response.

Hi Stone,

I assume these are front axles.

We can remanufacture your axles if you send them to us.

CVJ Remanufactured CV Axle part number 1900 Driver side; 1901 Passenger side.
    Your cost is $189.00 each. Plus freight (UPS ground) which is about $46.00 or less for two in the US - it varies by zip code.

We completely remanufacture your axles using OEM parts where it counts, and only top quality aftermarket parts for the rest and neoprene boots.
    You get OEM steel and design where it counts at a much better price than new, with CVJ reliability.

The axles have a limited lifetime warranty. When used for offroad or performance we cannot warrant the axles.

How did you hear about us?
    Thanks for your inquiry, I hope we can be of service to you.

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    So much did it cost?

Leave a comment:

• chuckdizzle
    replied
    Originally posted by stonea View Post
    So while looking for someone to rebuild my front CV's I found this place.

They say they'll do custom axles. I'm sure its not cheap, but its an option.
    CVJ is awesome, they were super helpful when I needed to replace my front CVs and the cost was much less than expected even before the core refund when I sent back my originals.
    I'm confident in their work and have only heard positive feedback about them.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    Originally posted by stonea View Post

this find potentially has a lot of value. thank you for posting this.

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nomansland92
    replied
    You need 525ix half shafts with the 525ix diff

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    I think Nisse used 525ix half shafts, but had no machine the ousides or something. I'm probably going to go custom and do x5 inners and e30 outers.

Leave a comment:

• Bimmer_man
    replied
    Need a little advice. So I'm looking at redoing my front half shafts again .........yay, and with me upgrading to the 525ix drivline. Are the e30 half shafts used or are they 525ix only?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X