This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    With the number of hubs to choose from, there should be at least one that makes the rotor/parking brake combo work.

*I* think it's cool too, but the benefit is probably marginal unless you're some Swedish nut pushing over 750 AWHP. ;)
    Yeah think so too, there's also different rotors but i wanted this size to match my fronts. But i dont think ~2mm less hand brake engagement makes that big of a difference :)

Haha yeah that might be true :D
    E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
    E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
    E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Just took the car for a spin, seems to work great :D Just have to finish the exhaust and fix a vacuum leak..and put all the body parts back on :P

E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Short pull @ 0,3 bar boost...slow :P But it works! More to come :)
        BMW E30 325ix M50 turbo test: https://youtu.be/NGD6IPH0Yis
        E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

well done! can't wait to see the boost cranked up :D how are you liking your brake setup? and how is your transfer case working with your custom switch?

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
            well done! can't wait to see the boost cranked up :D how are you liking your brake setup? and how is your transfer case working with your custom switch?
            Me neither :D
            Its working great! Haven't pushed the brakes too hard yet but so far I love them!
            Tc works great too, with this low power level I don't even need to lock it, 4500 rpm launch control and no wheel spin at all :)
            E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
              Just took the car for a spin, seems to work great :D Just have to finish the exhaust and fix a vacuum leak..and put all the body parts back on :P

Awesome! Congrats!

Yeah, even with a blown TC, an iX leaves hard. I dropped the clutch on my totally stock 190+k mile '88 with blown TC VC from about 5000 RPM and it just left three 6" long black marks and moved.

Comment

Thanks!
                Haha cool :D Tc lock will probably be more useful with the 2,8 motor :)

Almost back together
                E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Even in peices it looks great! :)

So, who will be done next? Will, or me? lol
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

BMW E30 325ix M50 turbo test launch 0-160km/h: https://youtu.be/aCMIbW2RZrA
                    E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Thirsty :)

E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

^Now thats a great photo.
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Turned out pretty nice :) Should have put on the hood and skirts though :P
                          E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Just checked the cars weight, without driver, 15-20 liters of fuel and no spare tire it was 1290kg. (~2845 lbs)
                            I thought it would be heavier :)
                            E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Thinking about this some more. I'm still considering trying to use some of the E34 parts. I'd have to push the engine into the firewall by about 2", but that would actually help some as the radiator clearance will be super tight otherwise. I did some measuring last night and there'd be maybe 1/2" clearance to the stock E30 radiator. I'd like to run a Z3M radiator for some more cooling, which I don't think will fit with the engine in the stock M20 position.

I still wish there was something shorter than 3.38 but at least it would be better with the Getrag 260 than the ZF. And I'd get to use the stronger E34 CV shafts that I already have. It's possible I could have a different ring and pinion machined into the E34 diff case. I just can't do it myself.

who's pushed an engine into the E30 firewall? Nisse? how hard was it and how many things did you have to modify?

Also, I think I might be able to keep the stock ix booster but only if I go with the custom intake manifold I'd like to build. I might just go for it rather than wasting time/money coming up with a manual setup or hydroboost etc. I'm not sure I'd be happy with either one. I'm still going to run the MK60 DSC setup though.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

^^ should also stick with an m50 variant motor as you were with the s54 :D. e90 motor are a bit lighter but negligible as the weight reduction is mostly from its manifold, you can always lighten other things like a hood or whatever.. The power band is from its valved intake.

I think if you really want that motor it can be have in the future but I think its time for you to put this thing together already, should be real cool to see!!:)

Comment

Working...
                                X