M20B27 with 173 ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20B27 with 173 ecu

So everyone said it’s not possible to run a m20B27 eta with a 1.3 173 ecu but I put a eta in my 1989 325i running the original wiring harness with a 173 ecu just proved everyone’s theories wrong car runs great

Originally posted by Georgiyk View Post
    So everyone said its not possible to run a m20B27 eta with a 1.3 173 ecu but I put a eta in my 1989 325i running the original wiring harness with a 173 ecu just proved everyones theories wrong car runs great
    Thats great news, congrats. Have you done any 1/4 runs? Im willing to bet it does the 1/4 mile run faster than the 325i did. Gotta redline it to get the most out of it though, thats the key R3V it and R3V it HARD. Have to run it at least 2, maybe 3x to make sure you're getting the launch down. The torque of the 2.7 will roast the tires until you get the launch just right. If you're under 2.0sec 60ft thats a solid launch.

Please report back.

Also, pics?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Weird first post. Who is everyone? and define running great? checked the AFR? is the ignition optimised for the engine?

Comment

Countdown to bent valves starting now
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

The car has zero check engine likes i re did the timing while I put the new timing belt and tensioner in its a eta motor and injectors with b25 intake manifold and sensors that I swapped since the plugs didn’t go together the car rips. Yes I know all of you guys are gonna say etas are slow but I did this as a project because everyone on forums said it’s nearly impossible and I wanted to try it out and see from my self I put 200 miles on the car so far and nothing has happened

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
            Countdown to bent valves starting now
            shhhhhh

The car has zero check engine likes i re did the timing while I put the new timing belt and tensioner in its a eta motor and injectors with b25 intake manifold and sensors that I swapped since the plugs didn't go together the car rips. Yes I know all of you guys are gonna say etas are slow but I did this as a project because everyone on forums said it's nearly impossible and I wanted to try it out and see from my self I put 200 miles on the car so far and nothing has happened
            You need to take it out to the drag strip. holds the R3Vs at ~4500rpms, then drop it and redline again. should make it through the traps at the top of 3rd. Still have the 3.73?
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Lol do you think I’m a moron.

Comment

Now get a chip from SSSquid and you are all set

Comment

It won't "rip" for long. Even when putting a chip in an eta with only a 5500 rev limiter, the valves lightly kiss the pistons with sustained high revs. The 200 head only came with the outer valve springs, not the inner.

I have done the same as you in the past, but also used dual 325i valve springs - but - the 200 head falls on it's face at about 5000rpm, so after that it's just making noise.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Yes, but we hope that you'll learn the error of your ways soon and be better for it.

Comment

Only if you cant beat the stock 15.5 time... make it happen!
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        It won't "rip" for long. Even when putting a chip in an eta with only a 5500 rev limiter, the valves lightly kiss the pistons with sustained high revs. The 200 head only came with the outer valve springs, not the inner.

I have done the same as you in the past, but also used dual 325i valve springs - but - the 200 head falls on it's face at about 5000rpm, so after that it's just making noise.
                        I know the motor will fall on it Face If I get on it and my car was already chipped when I bought it but I did this as a project just to see if the car would even start and I’m probably gonna wanna see how fast the motor will give up. My next build is the 1988 super eta with the 885 head I have the head in my garage just kinda hard to find the block
                        Last edited by Georgiyk; 12-17-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I know the motor will fall on it Face If I get on it and my car was already chipped when I bought it but I did this as a project just to see if the car would even start and I’m probably gonna wanna see how fast the motor will give up. My next build is the 1988 super eta with the 885 head I hand the head in my garage just kinda hard to find the block
                          I just realized you have two threads, and in tho other one you said you swapped the head. That's not quite the same as using m1.3 on a 2.7. The 2.7i you made has been done so many times. I even have dyno results in my m20 dyno thread.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I just realized you have two threads, and in tho other one you said you swapped the head. That's not quite the same as using m1.3 on a 2.7. The 2.7i you made has been done so many times. I even have dyno results in my m20 dyno thread.
                            the motor I put in is all stock with a 200 head. I was saying my next build I want to do the super eta with a 885 head I have a head laying around my garage

Comment

I just realized you have two threads
                              At least one of them was posted in the correct subforum. Now they both are.
                              Originally posted by kronus
                              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                              X