No announcement yet.

M20B27 with 173 ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i gather you are using the b25 60-2 toothed vibration damper on the front?
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      i gather you are using the b25 60-2 toothed vibration damper on the front?
      What do you mean b25 60-2 toothed vibration damper?

Comment

Originally posted by Georgiyk View Post

What do you mean b25 60-2 toothed vibration damper?
        which crank trigger are you using?
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

which crank trigger are you using?
          B25 crank trigger

Comment

so it is the SETA or B25 vibration damper on the front? the one with lots of teeth on it?

Comment

so it is the SETA or B25 vibration damper on the front? the one with lots of teeth on it?
              It’s a b25 I swapped basically everything to b25 only the head and block is a b27

Comment

It’s a b25 I swapped basically everything to b25 only the head and block is a b27
                so its not a true ETA then, the eta has a different vibration damper and trigger setup so that why people probably said it cant be done. the harness must match the trigger setup. so actually you havent done anything that couldnt be done

people have been running M20B31 engines for years on 173 ecu

Comment

so its not a true ETA then, the eta has a different vibration damper and trigger setup so that why people probably said it cant be done. the harness must match the trigger setup. so actually you havent done anything that couldnt be done

Well most of the sensors that were on the motor would connect into the wiring harness so they had to be swapped like the oil level reader, oil pressure sensor and crank shaft poison sensor etc all those sensors are completely different from each other that’s why I had to replace the vibration damper they are different in size

Comment

My ecu is tuned and it goes to 6500 rpm maybe a little more what do you think would happen if the 2.7 went to 6500rpm

Comment

Well most of the sensors that were on the motor would connect into the wiring harness so they had to be swapped like the oil level reader, oil pressure sensor and crank shaft poison sensor etc all those sensors are completely different from each other that’s why I had to replace the vibration damper they are different in size
                      yeah there are bunch of things that need to be added / swapped to get it to work not directly plug and play

My ecu is tuned and it goes to 6500 rpm maybe a little more what do you think would happen if the 2.7 went to 6500rpm
                      high risk of loss of valve control resulting in loft and then valve bounce occurring which has been shown to cause the piston to tag the valves and bend valves because the relationship between valve lift and piston position goes out the window. People usually run the dual springs or at very least the single outer springs (beefier ones from M20B23) even better is the beefy outer springs and the inners which is even more rpm capable than the b25 setup

Comment

You would run an amazing 1/4 time. Please have a friend record a horizontal video.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

My ecu is tuned and it goes to 6500 rpm maybe a little more
                          Ha, no, this didn't happen under load with just throttle input.

Comment

yeah there are bunch of things that need to be added / swapped to get it to work not directly plug and play

high risk of loss of valve control resulting in loft and then valve bounce occurring which has been shown to cause the piston to tag the valves and bend valves because the relationship between valve lift and piston position goes out the window. People usually run the dual springs or at very least the single outer springs (beefier ones from M20B23) even better is the beefy outer springs and the inners which is even more rpm capable than the b25 setup
                            So is there another head that’s identical to the 200 head that can be swapped out or how does it work do you just replace springs or what.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Ha, no, this didn't happen under load with just throttle input.
                              What do you mean

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                You would run an amazing 1/4 time. Please have a friend record a horizontal video.
                                Bro shut up no one cares about your 1/4 mile runs

Comment

Working...
                                X